Home Buying in Amherst>Question Details

V8aarons, Home Buyer in Wake Forest, NC

Because my fiance is getting her healthcare admin degree we are looking at moving either closer to cleveland

Asked by V8aarons, Wake Forest, NC Fri Jul 10, 2009

or everyone is telling us to move to Raliegh NC area to have the best chance of getting a career quickly when shes done with school..... im not so excited about leaving my home state .... i do really like amherst now that it more affordable .... does anyone know how the schools are rated in amherst? also how many hopsitals are within a 30 minute drive from amherst.... i know grace hospital is in amherst

Answers

3
I kmow that the Resarch Triangle is a higly popular area in NC. However, the Greater Cleveland Area Is booming with heath care opportunities. A new medical mart is being constructed downtown (a very large complex. And, our large hospitals have major outlying campuses in the suburbs, many of which are in the western suburbs of Cuyahoga County & Eastern suburbs in Eastern Lorain County. And, more are scheduled, such as a major Clevelan Clinic Foundation facility in Avon (Lorain County) Although part of my territory that I cover is Amherst, I would suggest that you sample other communities in Eastern Lorain County & the Western-most communities in Cuahoga County. When I am assisting relocating couples & families, I always suggest that they sample multiple communities, before they settle on one to concentrate on. You may decide on Amherst, which is a lovely community; but, at least the two of you know whether or not it is the right community for the two of you. If you the two of you are making a trip North to look at potential homes & communities, I would be pleased to assist you.
Amherst is within 40 minutes to Cleveland to the East. This includes Many hospitals and Cleveland clinic branches. If you go to within 40 minutes West of Amherst, you reach the hospitals in Sandusky Ohio.
Amherst Schools rate very well.
The Amherst School District is State rated "Excellent". The number of health care facilities within a 30 minute drive is plentiful. Within minutes of central Amherst is Community Heath Partners (Lorain), Amherst Hospital, the Cleveland Clinic (Lorain/Amherst border) and Allen Memorial Hospital in Oberlin. Beyond those are Elyria Memorial Hospital, St John West Shore (Westlake), Fairview General and numerous outpatient clinics and surgical centers. I have been a resident of Amherst for the last 17 years and thoroughly enjoy living here. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thad Gregg
ERA Rath Realtors
440-320-7319