Home Buying in Chapel Hill>Question Details

Dkl, Home Buyer in Chapel Hill, NC

Beautiful homes in Southpoint Plantation but close to water treatment plant. Anybody have any feedback on what its 'actually' like to

Asked by Dkl, Chapel Hill, NC Sun Mar 11, 2012

live there?

I don't live there and (more importantly) I'm not a real estate agent. But common sense will tell you that a sewage plant will occasionally stink, leak, and be a nuisance. And if you were to try selling your house there someday for top dollar, everyone would point that out to you (including your listing agent).
I have friends (met them as clients) who live there, and really love it, and as both Larry and Adam point out, the treatment plant is removed enough so as not to be a factor. My friends, I'm sure would be happy to speak with you about their experience in the neighborhood. And though it is not in the Chapel Hill school district, there are some good school options within a short distance. I'd be pleased to answer your questions and help you find a home, so feel free to call or email me: cell (919) 612-7691. Email, kevywan@gmail.com.
Web Reference: http://kevincohan.com
I am guessing you mean Southpoint Manor rather than Southpoint Plantation. Southpoint Manor is a beautiful development, very family friendly and a couple of the agents in our office own homes there. I have never heard anyone speak of any issues whatsoever related to the water treatment plant and have been in the development countless times and have never noticed any issues that even raised the question in my mind.

Bear in mind that while homes in this development have a Chapel Hill mailing address they are in fact located in Durham County and if one of your criteria for a new home includes being within the Chapel Hill school system these homes are not.

I specialize in Buyer side brokering and would be happy to assist you. Feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia
I've helped 3 clients buy houses there in the past 2 years, and they all really like it, no LOVE it.

I'd be happy to put you in touch with them if you'd like to ask them all the ins and outs of the neighborhood.

The water treatment plant is a total non factor, even though it looks close in google maps view.

Call me at 919-452-3751 or email adam@501realty.com and we can chat and set up a discussion with my Southpoint Manor clients.