Home Buying in Avalon>Question Details

mgvrmark, Home Buyer in Ocean City, NJ

Beach access in South Avalon

Asked by mgvrmark, Ocean City, NJ Wed Oct 9, 2013

It appears that there is no direct public access to the beach from 50th to 57th St in Avalon -- private oceanfront homes, no pathways from Dune Drive. Is that correct? So if I bought a home in this section of Avalon, I would have to walk up to 50th or down to 57th to get to the beach? Seems like that would reduce the value of homes from about 52nd to 55th Street.

Answers

2
Yes, you are correct. However, it is important to realize the values in the South-end of Avalon are the highest on the island for many reasons that are shared by the homes in the 50's. For instance, both areas are the narrowest part of the island, so it is much less crowded; also, all the lots are 60' X 110', so there is more space around each home. However, one of the benefits the homes in the South-end have is the ability to walk directly to the beach with out having to go a few blocks one way or the other to get to the beach. So there is a slight reduction in the values in the 50's.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
You are correct in your assessment. In fact, if you would like specific examples of how Market Values adjust relative to beach access, the size of the beach, lot size, and the potential for a bay view, then please contact me (Dan@AvalonProperties.com). I will gladly email you specific addresses & selling prices of homes that have recently "sold".
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 10, 2013