Lattice Edmo…, Renter in Capitol Heights, MD

Bad experiences.How effective are the representatives in assuring me that they will do everything in their power to get me approved for a home loan.?

Asked by Lattice Edmonds, Capitol Heights, MD Fri Feb 1, 2013

Hi Lattice,

If it is taking more than 45 days to get your loan approved there is a problem. The banks all have criteria that have to be met and you either meet them or you don't. But they should not leave you in suspense.
Hello Lattice. I don't know if it was a realtor or a lender that you had the bad experience with but let me apologize for both professionals. As stated already, 640 or better credit score is the goal. Either you have that now or there's some work for you to do to get your scores up. I can assure you of a better experience from myself and my team of professionals. You can reach me at 301-440-1489 or Hope this helps.
Good luck to you in finding a great lender. Soo sorry to hear about your bad experience. Have a great weekend. Take care.
Hi Lattice,

I would suggest you first talk to a few agents and find one you want to represent you on a purchase. Most likely that agent will recommend a couple of lenders that they work with based on previous positive experiences with other buyers. Call a few lenders and decide who you feel more comfortable with moving forward. When you decide on a lender, it is imperative that all three of you (lender, agent and yourself) get together in person or one the phone and agree on how you are moving forward - make sure you are all on the same page. Communication is key. If you are close on ratios, low FICO score or another red flag, the lender (loan officer) can submit your file to underwriting for a closer look by the decision-maker. Sometimes you have to wait, but it does save you time and money if you are proactive at the beginning. Good luck!

Jules Cole
RE/MAX Realty Group
Web Reference:
Do you need help finding a lender? I know a lender that is not so strict
Hello Lattice,

I am sorry about your bad experience. I believe that good communication is essential. Most lenders require a 640 score, other less. If you need assistance in helping you get a loan to find a home.

let me know

Trying to get a home loan through bigger banks take more time than with smaller banks. To get pre-qualifed you must have at least a 640 credit score. I would suggest that you go with a smaller bank or even loan company that you can go in and sit down with the mortgage officer personally. I have a great lender that can get you processed / prequalifed within 2-3 days. I highly recommend him.

Micheal Chelst, Branch Manager
Homestead Funding
240-387-5033 office

He works with three other officers and has a great receptionist. They are very responsive, detailed, and guides every step of the way, If interested give me a call 301-917-5721and I can get you pre-qualified in the next few days if you have score over 640. With the interests rates rising slightly, wanting to get the best rates should be your top priority.

Rocsheen Holston
Realty Direct, Inc
1401 Mercantile Lane, Suite 100
Largo, Maryland 20774
Direct: 301-917-5721
Office: 240-770-3580 ext 381