Home Buying in Beach Park>Question Details

Kelly, Both Buyer and Seller in Beach Park, IL

Bad divorce,bad credit, how do I GO ABOUT FINDING A HOME IN THE LAKE COUNTY AREA BEACH PARK OR THE HARBOR

Asked by Kelly, Beach Park, IL Fri Jan 11, 2008

Answers

3
Kelly - I am sorry about the challenges you are feeling right now. I am going to suggest you not buy a home right now - I would recommend that you find the least expensive rental that will meet your objectives and allow your life to settle somewhat - this will also give you options as you begin to rebuild your life - you may choose to move, you may choose to take another job, you may choose to go back to school - all of these options would be more challending if you owned a home - pay your bills on time, reduce your indebtedness, and after a year or two, your credit will have improved and more inportantly, you may have a better understanding of what direction you want to go in the next chapter of your life - Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 11, 2008
The one thing that can offset credit scores are downpayments (from divorce settlement or sale of exisitning home perhaps). Also if your personal situation does not allow for a down payment here are a lot of grant programs in Illinois that help people in tough situations purchase homes. the IDHA for instance.
1. Turn that frown upside down and put your head in a "successful" demeanor
2. Look for "owner finance" or lease options deasl in the paper
3. Your realtor can help you find these.
4. Never feel sorry for yourself or your expirences. #2 allows anything to be possible.
5. Go take on the day