Courtney Laz…, Home Buyer in District Heights, MD

BWhen is a good time to start looking to buy a house?

Asked by Courtney Lazard, District Heights, MD Thu Jun 20, 2013

I am in the military, so im going to be using the VA Loan of course. My lease is up in march, when is a good time to start looking for a house, contacting a realtor, and someone from the VA?

Answers

4
Hello Courtney,

I agree with Akil in that the sooner you get started the more time you have to gather information on the home buying process.

The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-approved for your mortgage. You can start this by going to my online link. Click here and enter your information so I can run numbers for you: http://www.loansbycatherine.com.
After you hit SUBMIT, I will be able to access your information through our secure website and will run figures for you right away.

This does not obligate you to use Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, although we do appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

I am looking forward to working with you and helping you get the keys to your new home!

Catherine Purcell
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Cell 202 573-6035
catherinep@fairwaymc.com

Over 25 years of Real Estate and Mortgage experience
focused on educating my clients so you can make an informed decision that best suits your needs!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 21, 2013
I wanted to follow up with you Courtney. Have you purchased a home yet? It is a great thing to be able to use your VA. I am a mortgage banker with a local federal savings bank. We specialize in VA
lending all over the country. Our corporate office in here in MD. Please contact me to get the very
best rate, service and discounts; http://www.qualifidemortgage.us . As rates are on the rise, and home prices, now is the time to buy!

v/r
Tim Barnes
Hi Courtney,

There is no time like the present to get the ball rolling depending on what type of property you are considering to purchase. for example say you like a short sale it may take several months for it to get approved and closed. REO tend to want to close quickly w/i 45 days of contract acceptance (typically) and a standard sell w/a home owner that the timeframe is negotiable.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me
Hi Courtney, if your lease is up in March of 2014 , you can begin doing some of the preliminary work now, such as connecting with a Realtor to discuss your plans . I would be happy to assist you with the process and suggest some good local lenders who can let you know where you stand credit wise to make sure you are ready towards the end of the year to begin going out and looking at potential homes.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions you may have, as well as visiting my website to begin to browse properties etc..

http://tmcmahon.exitlandmark.com/