Home Buying in Riverside>Question Details

Regina Black…, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

BPO? Are there any brokers that will do a Broker;s Price Opinion (BPO) as a service on a property in Travis?

Asked by Regina Blackmore, Austin, TX Wed Feb 13, 2008

Heights? Please - only brokers familiar with this Travis Heights.

I've lived for 28 years at the intersection of Alameda and Avondale. I don't do BPOs but I do know Travis Heights. If what you're looking for is an appraisal for tax or sale purposes, and a CMA won't do, I suggest you hire a bona fide appraiser. I can recommend one or two. If you just want to talk about what makes the immediate area special and so out of sync with surrounding areas, I'll be happy to talk informally.
Thanks Roy... this is what I am looking for. Do you provide this service?

there's a difference in a bpo and a cma -- agents generally will do a cma (competitive market analysis) for a prospective seller showing "comps" of sold properties and/or active listings in the area -- although the information in a bpo and a cma should be the same, a lender usually requests a bpo for determining a truer picture of a property value -- a bpo requires much more detail/accuracy than a cma -- i've seen cma's that reflect proposed selling prices as much as 30% over market value, and when listed, the properties just sit without activity -- bpo's are an apples to apples analysis -- if you truly want a bpo, then an experienced agent will often charge a going rate fee for one -- it's more than a SWAG (swinging wild a@%ed guess)
Web Reference: http://roydubose.com
Hi Regina,
I just saw your post and I thought I would offer my services as well. Our team has listed several properties in Travis Heights and most recently sold homes on Alameda and Bickler. If you are in need of an additional opinion, please let me know.
Web Reference: http://www.dmtx.com
Great. I have emailed you my phone numbers. Feel free to call now - up until about 11pm or so... or call tomorrow. Thanks!
Yes, I have over $100 mil in listings in that neighborhood.