mizcy, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

BK in the past, do we have to wait 10 years to be approve for VA loan?BK was 4 years ago.

Asked by mizcy, San Diego, CA Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

6
Brian is correct -- 2 years is the minimum. that doesn't mean it will be easy, but it's do-able.

I don't lend in California, but i seem to remember you were looking in my area -- NJ. if so, look me up! I'd love to help. I do have a problem-credit VA outlet i can use.

http://www.lizsantos.rhfunding.com
lsantos@rhfunding.com
good luck!!!
The actual wait period for a VA loan is 2 year so you are actually in the clear. The next step for you is to find a lender that can help you out. I am a lender based out of Southern California and I have given out loans throughout California including VA loans. I would be more than willing to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need so give me a call.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this helpful please leave me a recommendation if you can!

Brian Nguyen Sr.
Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
have you obtained your financing yet?
http://www.lizsantos.rhfunding.com
Depends on what chapter of BK but generally most lenders will accept 2 years from the date of discharge and reestablished credit. If you are under Ch.13 you may need a approval from the court. call me if you need more information. 973-698-4083
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
Hi Mizcy, first, thank you for your service. You only need two years out of BK for a VA loan. My bank is owned and operated by veterans and is one of the leading VA lenders nationwide. We bend over backwards to accommodate the financing needs of veterans. I can write mortgages in all 50 states and have assisted many veterans with their purchases. Please contact me directly at 917.699.0183 or michaeldenniston247@gmail.com. for more information or assistance.

I value your feedback, please hit the thumbs up if my reply was helpful. All the best.

Michael Denniston
Licensed Mortgage Banker
NMLS#24076
917.699.0183
The typical waiting period after a BK is 2 years. Many lenders might have an "overlay" (their own guidelines) that require a waiting period of as much as 4-7 years.

A 10 year wait period seems either inaccurate or perhaps a specific guideline by a particular lender.