Frifun, Home Buyer in University of Texas -...

3B3B in Austin, TX in a good school district, with deck/pool/fp/view. As close as possible to airport, contemporary/spanish - has personality,0-10yrs

Asked by Frifun, University of Texas - Austin, Austin, TX Wed May 11, 2011

We are a family of four - Parents Kids(5 and 1), plus parents-in-law. We are looking for the best price scenario for the following criteria:
- Good schools are a must
- Airport must not be too too far due to regular business travel
- Less traffic/noise - so not on the main road or such
- Gourmet kitchen and Great bathrooms
- Lot and View, Outdoor/Rooftop Deck
- Not the typical cookie cutter house - something with personality
- As new as possible

Thank you in advance for your advice

Answers

10
"Frifun", for some reason the answer I posted yesterday is missing, so I don't know if you read it(Hopefully you did!). Basically I said that you have some good, specific criteria and I would be happy to help you find just the right Home for you and your family. I am a Residential Specialist in the Austin area, and I do not charge you anything for my extensive services! I assist my clients from Pre-Approval (the first step) through to the closing, and beyond. I can set you up with a customized personal Web Site that has 100% MLS access and actually will bring properties meeting your criteria to YOUR attention as they are listed, have a price drop, etc. I program it to re-run the searches for you EVERY morning so you are always up to date!
Please let me know if you would like to work together and I will do all I can to assist you. Not only do I work for the #1 Real Estate Co. in Austin, Keller Williams, also ranked #1 by Buyers (like you) 3 Years in a Row (JD Power & Associates), I am one of their Top Agents as well as a Master Instructor and actually teach Buyer Representation as well. You can see my Credentials, Client Testimonials, etc. on Trulia, btw. Feel free to review them and let me know if I may be of service. Thanks, Joe

p.s. If you need to sell a property as well, ask me about my Multiple Transaction Package! Joe

....Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor®/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company also Ranked #1 by Buyers 3 Years in a Row !!!(JD Poweer & Assoc.)
Hello Frifun!
I'd be happy to fill you in on the best schools in fairly close proximity to the airport. As a former teacher I make it a point to keep up with what is happening with schools in the Austin area. We are fortunate in that we have many public schools that are excellent! I have also help several extended families find a suitable floorplan for the multi-generations. There are some wonderful older pocket neighborhoods that will fit the bill for what you are looking for.

You've will have many choices as to whom you select to be your Realtor. I'd be happy to have a phone conversation to see if we'd be a good fit.

Heather Kight
512-789-1871
heather@heathershomes360.com
Hi Frifun,

Pricing is going to be your driving factor for location. But, as some have indicated, do not share that information here. Since you have an elementary age child, I would not necessarily just focus on the school district as that is too broad of an area for your next 5 to 6 years of needs. Focus on the quality of the elementary school initially. Because of some pretty nice improvements in the road infrastructure on the outer edges of Austin (the interior still sucks to some extent), you do have a fair number of options.

Most in our position as brokers/agents, will be better able to help you once you have a good handle on your budget. And no, a good broker/agent doesn't just want to know this to sell you at the top end of your range, they need it to know which areas of town are going to be your best options.

While you've given some specifics on what you like, it is not enough to identify a particular home, let alone a particular neighborhood. But again, I would not share too much information in this forum. Select a broker/agent to work with, and begin the process that way, in private.

Call me if I can help you in your search process.

Jeffrey
512-913-7480
Posting this detail of personal information might not be the best strategy. Please understand that every Brokerage who you have not hired to represent you will need to honor their obligation to their sellers, which might work against you in negotiating.

My advice is to ask friends and co-workers for the name of real estate agents they recommend, then hire someone with whom you feel comfortable. Have these sort of discussions in a private setting and let them help you find just what you want.

Good luck. Depending on your price range, there may be many great homes to consider.

John
That's great news! I am a local Austin agent. You've given great details on your wants, give me a call so you can interview me for the job of being your Realtor!
Web Reference: http://Www.cyndibell.com
It is my firm belief that smart home buyers get their financing in place first. A mortgage specialist is a key player in this equation and getting that settled will establish realistic price ranges, monthly payments etc... I know a great one and would be happy to share.
Next, I would suggest find a full time Realtor, someone who will adopt your dream and walk with you down this exciting road. Understand that there are buyers' agents and sellers' agents and hiring a full time, dedicated buyers' agent will benefit you greatly - and the good news is, the seller will pay your agent's fee.
Get on line - see if you can find some examples of floorplans, style and location that you like and then do some dashboard time driving the neighborhood.
I wish you well on this most excellent journey, buying a home should be fun!
Enjoy the day.
Scott Smith
MBA/REALTOR
RE/MAX 1
(512) 740 - 0324
Hello Frifun,

You will most likely have a lot of options. If you like I can send you an Austin Relocation Guide. It has a lot of information about what makes Austin such a great place to call home. I can run some searches for you but would need to know some more details like price range. I already have a good idea of your lifestyle from your description. If you would like to talk I can set up a personal search for you that will send you homes that meet your unique criteria. We can also help you with financing options if you have a need or just questions.

Please call or email me when you have a few moments so we can talk about your situation.

Congratulations on your move to Austin. I am sure you will love it here. It's a great place to call home.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker | Consultant
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Your search would be governed by the amount of mortgage your qualify for OR if cash purchase. That will eliminate many areas would not fit within your budget

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hello Frifun,

I specialize in 3B and in Austin. Please feel free to call me now for further assistance.

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
512-626-8552 (Direct)
512-267-3640 (Fax)
Jeffrey@NylandTeam.com
http://www.NylandTeam.com
Jeffrey Nyland TX AUC# 16644
Exceeding Expectations!
Web Reference: http://www.nylandteam.com
Hi Frifun!

Do you have an agent yet?

Give me a call or email as I have a brother in Austion who is a broker and maybe able to help you out, if you want.

Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.VegasDawn.com