Home Buying in Davenport>Question Details

Brant, Other/Just Looking in Pennslyvania

Aviana in Davenport?

Asked by Brant, Pennslyvania Mon Dec 1, 2008

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this community? I was there when they were first building it up and it seemed pretty nice and am wondering how it is now as I see what, at least on the surface, looks like a decent - pretty good for sale deal.

I'm from out of the area, but, saw a home there for about half of what the builder is asking for that same thing new. I had a colleague walk through it and the inside is nice and there's no damage so it doesn't seem that the price is to compensate for it being gutted. I'd be looking for something for mainly short term rentals, but, also somewhere I can stay when I go to the Orlando area. Anyone know what the average occupancy rate is out there or in general now with the economy the way things are?

With all this in mind, this has left me wondering what the catch might be, if there is one, or if this seems like it may be a deal? Any thoughts or opinions?

Answers

2
Hi Brant,

Not sure if you are still looking or have now secured a home. Aviana is a lovely resort. I have recently viewed properties there on three occassions. Actually, with one I failed to go upstairs because the smell was so bad, it was very dirty and neglected!! My only concern is there are a number of areas unfinished. The builders have stopped because of the current economy. However, there are a few bargains and I have one listing on my site (I only list properties I have viewed - nice pool position - good location etc. I owned a short term rental home in the area for 4 years and I think if you are looking at the this with the right marketing you will be achieve bookings. Just be careful where you buy, may not be best to have empty plot snext door as sooner or later when things pick up you could be in the middle of a building site which is not the best thing for vacationers! It is always good to buy the right property that will be welI received and result in repeat bookings and recommendations. I am not a realtor, I specialise in sourcing properties for overseas and out of state clients and would be happy to chat further with you if you are still looking.

Helen - Property Locator Disney Area
The property if it below market value could be a foreclosure, have your buyers agent investigate more on your behalf. OR the builder may have to "dump inventory" with any further financial problems. Keep in mind you can submit an offer have inspection take place to confirm the property is in good standing w/o any additional future problems.
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com