Clayton Edwa…, Home Buyer in Michigan

Average Hoax feesvforvthe area

Asked by Clayton Edwards, Michigan Mon Jul 9, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Clayton, HOA fees vary immensely. There is no average to be calculated as the communities and ammenties vary ie. pool, grounds maintenance, age of development, number of homes/condos in the community, etc. Also, the fees will vary as to how the property is classified ie. condominium or site condominium. In some brand new developments, the Developer/Builder is supplimenting the HOA and you will find that the "entry" fees are extremely low and will increase substantially once the Co-Owners take over the Association. If I were looking for a home, I would find the location that best suited my lifestyle and then decide as to whether or not I can manage the monthly maintenance fees. Also, keep in mind that the monthly dues are not capped and depending on the yearly budget the amounts can increase at will.

Good Luck in your search.

Holly L. Slay, Realtor
National Realty Centers
586-438-4528
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hi Clayton,
The HOA fees do vary, it depends on the complex. I have a condo in a complex and I pay $385 but that also includes by heat:) Read the by laws carefully before you purchase.

I have three properties in Rochester and Rochester Hills and the fees are $175.00, and $225.00$245.00. But I know I have heard everything from $100.00 to $1,200.00 for the higher end communities. I would have to guess that the average is probably in the 200's from what I have seen.

Jsut be sure, are you asking about homes or condos? Because condos will be monthly and those will range from $140 a month to $325 a month on average.

Let me know if you are asking about a specific neighborhood and I can check them out for you.

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
Clayton

Can you explain what you mean by a HOAX Fee. Not understanding your question.