Home Buying in Lebanon>Question Details

Qwert, Home Buyer in Lebanon, PA

Ask a question...

Asked by Qwert, Lebanon, PA Mon Jun 4, 2012

wanting to buy a house. 2 years since filed for bankruptcy, husband owns house and good credit. how long till we have to wait to buy a home together?

Answers

2
It sounds as if your husband wasn't included in the bankruptcy. If this is the case, if your husband qualifies for a mortgage, you don't need to be on it, yet your name can still be placed on the deed to the property. If that isn't the case, I would wait 2-3 years before applying for a mortgage. The easiest way to find out is try to get pre-approved for a mortgage (it's free) and you'll have a definite answer. At that point, the lender would be able to tell you what else could be done to improve your credit. Feel free to go to my website at http://www.stefonich.com or email me at nstefonich@prudentialhomesale.com if you have any further questions.
-Nick Stefonich
you can start the home buying process 2 years after the bankruptcy was discharged. you must show good credit, no missed monthly payments,. some local banks are easier to work with. I can be reached at dkmeade@verizon.net or my cell is 717 813 6470