Home Buying in Linden>Question Details

Jessienj2022, Home Buyer in Linden, NJ

Ask a question...

Asked by Jessienj2022, Linden, NJ Wed May 30, 2012

Hi
I'm looking for a house that is rent to own. How do I go about it???

Answers

2
Team Zuhl’s answer
The most conventional way is to have your Realtor specifically target properties marketed as such - they are not as common as they once were. The second way is to rent with the right of first refusal, which means that if someone offers to buy the property, you have the option to buy it first. There are plenty of sellers that are comfortable signing a lease with this option.
Hi there - there are a number of threads floating around on this topic - I hear "rent to own" requests but have yet to see one materialize. Even if the landlord wants to sell at some future date, he/she is not likely to set a price today for a future date, especially now in a correcting market. You are better served by finding a rental that will suit you - be a good tenant with a solid and ontime payment history and save money for a down payment so that you will be the position to buy down the road.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results