Home Buying in Irving Park>Question Details

Candy, Renter in Irving Park, Chicago,...

Ask a question...

Asked by Candy, Irving Park, Chicago, IL Wed May 23, 2012

how safe is the area around 3706 w cullom?? my daughter is looking for an apartment there, is that area safe for 2 young girls??

Answers

4
Oh my I wish I could just simply say YES or NO, but first of all as REaltors we are limited to what to say about an area or neighborhood as it could be perceived as steering in or out of an area and that is
against the law....

So here is my advice to you and I do understand your concern, believe me I do.

drive through the neighborhood at different times of the week and build your own opinion and then
stop by the local police dept, they will gladly give you good information.

And no matter where to young girls live, the best advice, no matter what area, be careful, keep your eyes open at all times, this general advice cannot hurt.

Hope I helped with this a little, sorry I cannot give better advice.
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com YourRealtor4Life Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients Buyers Sellers and Investors alike, covering for @ Properties Brokerage the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs and the fine homes on the North Shore, and all of the US and worldwide offerings with my partner agents.... Edith speaks several languages ....
Have a great day :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 24, 2012
Go there yourself at all different times of the day and night. Only you guys know whats right for your family. We as agents cant comment on questions of this nature. Best of luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Candy,

You already received good advice from Bill and Matt. If you want to read what neighbors are saying and if you want to ask them questions check out http://chicago.everyblock.com/locations/neighborhoods/albany-park/ . This is a very cool site, check it out and see what people that live in Albany Park are saying themselves.
You and/or your daughter should visit the area and see how you feel. Also visit the local police department and ask questions.

http://gis.chicagopolice.org/clearmap_crime_sums/startpage.htm