Dave, Home Buyer in 94520

Ascot Dr - Close to 680 Hi Experts, I am looking at properties in this area Ascot Dr/Fife Ct, Do you think closeness to 680 affects the future Resale

Asked by Dave, 94520 Wed Feb 29, 2012

Hi Experts,

Do you think this location is great?? Or does 680 affect the price and future re-sale for this location? I have heard that living closer to freeway is highly undesirable but not sure about this side of Inverness Park.

I have also seen a steady decline almost 20% in past 4 years in this neighborhood. Is this trend expected to continue for this neighborhood?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

2
Carolyn Zeigler’s answer
Yes, the freeway will affect the value of the home; you will purchase the property at a lower price and when you go to sell it, you will have to sell it a lower price than someone who has a home which does not have the freeway noise. It is all relative.

I do not believe we will see the trend of decline which we have seen in the majority of Contra Costa homes especially with low inventory which we have experienced since December of 2011. When the inventory is low, and the demand is high, there are frequently multiple offers on properties which will tend to raise prices.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me or email: zrealestatelady@pacbell.net.

Best of luck,
Carolyn Zeigler, CRS
Re/Max Accord
I think prices are unlikely to fall further in Inverness Park (or anywhere else in San Ramon) but in response to your main question - Yes, definitely. Freeeway noise will always have a major effect on home values in any area.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, J. Rockcliff Realtors
DRE License # 01331583
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com

http://www.JustSanRamonHomes.com