Home Buying in Jenkintown>Question Details

Sergey, Both Buyer and Seller in 19006

Asbestos sidings

Asked by Sergey, 19006 Tue Feb 5, 2013

In assessing the existing house purchase, what are the major implications in replacing asbestos sidings on a $400 k house in Philadelphia suburbs, and how much it could cost?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3097650369-1334-Fairacres-Rd-Jenkin… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3097650369-1334-Fairacres-Rd-…

Answers

3
Carol Lizell’s answer
Dear Sergey,

Your question was answered perfectly by Joshua. If you need a list of contractors that have experience in removing asbestos siding feel free to contact me.

Carol Lizell
HomeStarr Realty
215-355-5565
267-207-1269
Dear Carol,
The answer was really a very general one - go to the pro and they do the rest. It's appreciated. Perhaps the question was a bit generic too - my bad. The real question though is "How much will be the ADDITIONAL COST in replacing the asbestos siding comparatively to the "regular siding" replacement on a house of ~400 k? I presume that the pros would know or will estimate/calculate it, but if someone has been already involved with an endeavor the specific of it may come handy now. Have you been involved with asbestos siding replacement?
Kind regards,
Sergey
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
I would get an estimate of the costs of replacing the siding from a few different contractors. The cost depends on the amount of siding being replaced and the materials you will be using to replace that siding.

What kind of implications are you concerned with? Structural? Environmental?

Also, the home you referenced is offered for sale for $624,000. You mentioned $400,000 in your question. Are you asking about a different property?
Thanks for the replies!
The real question though is "How much the asbestos replacing may cost IN ADDITION to a regular siding replacement?" I guess, the asbestos needs to be disposed with some care. So, the removing, collection, and disposing, not talking about city/borough "licensing", should sum up and add some troubles. Do you know the level of the troubles and the approximate cost of it, please?
Yes, it is a different property. I apologize.
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
For an accurate picture of costs contact a few local licensed siding experts; ask for free estimates, and ask any other questions you may have, then go from there.....