Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

dgrsmith19, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

As cash buyers from another country (UK) why dont realtors get back to us with info on property, are we doing something wrong?

Asked by dgrsmith19, Sacramento, CA Sun Jul 8, 2012

Answers

14
No you are not wrong. But they can get in low price to anothers companies which are awailable in uk
Dear Sir/Madam,

We got your company information from the Internet.
We will work your desire term
We, Light Of World are manufacturer and exporter of high quality Sashes
And available of all sorts. We have vast experience in this field and having own production unit so that we can provide you excellent quality with competitive prices.

Our range:

Badges Sashes Braids Tassels Cap Cords Crest & Flags Shoulders Sword Knots
Aiguillettes Caps & Peaks Dress & Banner Cords Whistle Cords & Lanyards
Berets & Feather Hackles

If you interested into our above offered items simply let us know for your trail order and sample lot requirements. We hope you will find us a reliable source of supply of these products.

Your cooperation would be much appreciated.

Mr.Tanveer
Light Of World
Near Catholic Church Fateh Garh,
Sialkot Pakistan.
Skype :-lightsof.world
E-mail: info@lights-world.com
Website:- http://www.lights-world.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Light-Of-World/406754496031187…
Dear Sir/Madam,

We will work your desire term

Our range:

Berets & Feather Hackles

Mr.Tanveer
Light Of World
Near Catholic Church Fateh Garh,
Sialkot Pakistan.
Skype :-lightsof.world
E-mail: info@lights-world.com
Website:- http://www.lights-world.com/
A phone call is well spent if you want to speak to a realtor. The internet is suspicious for scams, as so many others have said.

You can, of course, post a question here with specific buyer requirements and get lots of information about properties, However, to actually purchase a home in the US requires that you have a US bank account, the purchase is transacted through the use of an escrow company (whether it's a cash transaction or with a loan) and requires that you actually view the property.

It your contact indicated you wish to purchase it sight unseen, then realtors will find your inquiry suspicious. If you are a serious buyer, selecting a buyer's agent can let you see any properties that you might be interested in and they can provide an efficient plan for when you visit. We hope to see you in Sacramento soon! :)
Not at all. I've heard that other people experience this as well. Makes no sense to me!! If you are calling an agent that doesn't response....call another one!!! There are plenty of Realtors out there that know what it means to offer good customer service.
Not all Realtors return calls. If you do not get a response just call the company they work for. Most companies have "floor agents". That is an agent that is taking calls on the company listings. You are sure to get a live person. At the company where I work, there is someone taking calls during business hours 7 days a week. Hope that helps!
There are a few things you can do to develop a working relationship with a US agent:
1) Invest in a phone call during which you explain why you're buying and what you're looking for. Email should be used AFTER a relationship has been established. I never provide information requested by email, I always require a phone call or face-to-face visit before I invest my time in a client.
2) Deposit a reasonable amount of money towards a down payment in a US bank account, then black out the account number and send a copy of the latest statement to your agent as proof of your ability to make a cash purchase.
3) Invest in a trip to the US; we are used to out-of-town buyers taking time to scout the region for themselves. This helps you and your agent by not only giving you a chance to meet, but also to share a mutual understanding of the areas where you may want to buy (and just as importantly, where you might NOT want to buy).
4) If you are unable to make a trip to the US but know people in the area where you want to buy, have those people meet with the agent as ambassadors of your good intentions.
I hope this helps.
Hello. I am sorry you are getting the cold shoulder. I don't know what it is that your e-mails say, but I honestly suspect that the reason why you do not hear back is because we get so many e-mails from foreign buyers who are not real. They are part of a scam and after a while it gets very difficult for agents to determine who is serious and who is not. I recently received an e-mail from someone who said he and his wife were in the military stationed overseas. He was looking to buy in a particular area in about 6 months. I responded mainly because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I respect our servicemen and did not want to assume he was part of a scam. I offered to help and asked a few questions to narrow down the search criteria. I never heard back from him.

I hope you understand that real estate agents don't want to get involved in scams. Unfortunately, that puts the burden on you to show you are real. Scammers do not just hurt those who fall for their schemes. They also hurt everybody else because the scammers make it difficult to figure out who is trustworthy and who is not. This means that innocent consumers and ethical agents are affected indirectly as a result of the bad apples.

Sorry you find yourself get caught in the middle of this. I would be happy to assist. Please feel free to contact me.

Ute Ferdig
Broker-Owner
916-751-1267
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE
If you are only contacting agents via email you may be a victim of spam filters. I try to review my junk mail files for legitimate emails, but sometimes the subject field is vague and when it is an out of country address I am afraid to open it.

Your best bet is to either call the agent directly or have a UK real estate agent that you know find you an agent. The company I work for belongs to an international referral service and then all the parties know that the agent that is referred and the buyers have been somewhat verified as legitimate.

Sorry for your bad experience, but you came to the right place, this forum has a lot of good contributors and hard working, knowledgeable agents.
All of the answers hit the appropriate points except the internet issue
We all receive numerous inquiries from buyers from the UK, Germany and of
course the really good ones from Nigeria! It's unfortunate, but it's tough to
prove you are real on the internet.
If you are starting your conversation with:
I am from (name your country), am paying cash and want more information on a
property. I will be here to purchase soon, can you help me? it reads as a
come on to internet disaster. If you are expressing an interest in a property
and have questions that have some specificity you are more likely to get a
response (be perceived as real) then if you tell the story of who you are and
ask a blank open ended question. Personally in your first email, I don't care
if you are paying cash, or where you are, I really want to know if you have a
genuine interest----which means a genuine question that is pertinant to your
interest. Distance to..........or size of rooms. We all have to make decisions on
alloting our time and unfortunately you may be being ignored for perceived
"better prospects".
Best bet is to find a property you like and make contact with the listing agent
who is less likely to ignore you and see if that is someone you would want to
work with.
I have to start by apologizing because your question made me chuckle. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. You most likely speak better English than most California Realtors anyway.

As a very experienced agent, I have on many occasions received inquires from out of the country. I have dutifly followed up and have had no return contacts what-so-ever. With time being in such short supply, we must try to weed out serious buyers. In your case, I hate to say, you were weeeded out before you got a chance to try. I will apologize for those that you contacted.

Please do not hestitate to contact me with any questions or inquires. My job is to use my knowledge to assist every potentail buyer in every way I can, no matter who they are or where they are from. I am very successful because ethics trump greed in my business model.

Thank you and please contact me anytime.

Jill
jfaccinto@golyon.com
Are you speaking with agents directly or via email or website? You are not doing anything wrong in wanting to purchase a home with cash in the U.S, but there could be something in your approach that's leading agents to think that you are not serious. Choose an agent from the area where you want to buy and call them directly. I trust that if you are truly a serious buyer then you will be able to assure the agent that he/she will not be wasting their time searching out a home for you. You may even have to speak with several agents until you feel comfortable that this person can adequately serve your interests.

Sheila Smith, Realtor
01439873
Thompson-Brown Real Esate
916-813-9871
I really can't speak for other realtors. But I'll give it my best shot. Inventory is extremely low, there is usually multiple offers, and the are already flooded with info calls. I know probably not the answers you want to here but there isn't really a good answer for poor customer service.

What you should do is align yourself with a local realtor and allow them to be your information source. The market is extremely competitven and you need to be served by an agent lookin out for your vested interest.

Let me know if you have a question about a particular property, part of town, or general real estate question.

916 -396-1733
If you are not hearing back from realtors, then my guess is your price point for what you are looking for is unrealistic. For those of us regulars on Trulia, we get pounded with requests from people out of the country and most of the time they have no connection to market reality.

I don't work in Sacramento, but I would suggest you post what you're looking for and price point and let some locals respond.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425