Loriann M. H…, Real Estate Pro in Pembroke Pines, FL

As a home buyer in these tech savy times, what are you looking ofr in a real esate agent that most agents may not realize

Asked by Loriann M. Harrison, Pembroke Pines, FL Tue Jun 8, 2010

Looking for home buyers that plan to purchase in the next 12 months to answer this question.

Answers

3
I am not a typical buyer (so they tell me). I may buy in one month, I may be 2 years before I buy. I am waiting for prices to drop more. If a great deal showed up today I would go after it.

One thing for me is an agent willing to allow me to look in several different areas perhaps in different states. My goal is a place that meets my specifications with a certain distance of a V.A. hospital. I would prefer virginia, but light consider all other southeastern states.

Know your area. Tell me the truth about an area when I ask. Help me go with a low ball offer and make it work.

Do not tell me a house is 2,000 square feet. It is useless information. Tell me it is a 24x40 ranch, a 2 story 26x32 or whatever it is. The real numbers are what I go by.

Mostly I will be getting updates from realtor.com. I do not need your updates as they are the same (right?)
When I find something I want to consider it will mean a long drive. I will go for only a few properties. I need detailed local information. The blog below shows much of what I would want to know.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2009/11/questions_i_wou…

All I want is a simple tour, detailed information ready for me, and a quick closing.

p.s. no advertiser paid recommendations either. Tell me who really is the hardest inspector to pass a house. I do not care that there is some peeling paint. It is to minor to care about. I want to know it is there however.
Ability to hustle. All to many times agents are like "lets meet to discuss" or "Ill drop it off at your office"....seriously?

I use fax/email, communicate via text messages or just email with many/most of my clients. I skype with them while I show them stuff on the computer.

I would also say the ability to adapt. Think outside the box in order to close a deal. It doesn't have to apply to tech but all too many agents don't know all the financing options out there (ie. 203k loans etc).

@SeanDawes
Great question Loriann! I'm interested too so I thought I'd answer so I could check the box and get the answers emailed to me.
Thanks!