James Mok, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

As a first-time homebuyer and teacher, what do you think about the Jackson Park condos? I have reserved a 2

Asked by James Mok, San Jose, CA Mon Aug 4, 2008

bd/ 2bth property for $350K but I am not sure about the area. I have not heard good things about the Alum Rock housing market and neighborhood, which is where the condo is situated in.

Answers

4
James,

I have lived a couple of miles east of these condo's and it's fine, but these condo's are very close to the extremely busy Regional Hospital.
My wife teaches in a school close to this area and we are familliar with the area. In all honesty I have not thought of bringing anyone to look at these condo's. If someone has started their career in nursing or as a doctor, I would say live close to your work if want to.
I would suggest to you the Terrace Hills complex at the corner of Marten Ave and Mt. Pleasant Road. There are several homes now available under $400k. This complex has a couple of swimming pools and tennis courts and it's in a gated community.
If you need assistance, I would be glad to listen to what you need.

Best of Luck on your search!

Charles Coachman
Hello James,

To get get accurate crime rates for the Alum Rock area you can go to http://www.crimereports.com. If you enter in the address you can see the type of crimes and the proximity to the property. When you buy a home in an area that has crime and that is not as well taken care of, you will not have the same appreciation in that home compared to one in a better location.

If you need any other information I would be happy to help. Good Luck!

Trisha Motter
Realtor, e-PRO, SRES
Web Reference: http://www.crimereports.com
James,
the quality of the condo is pretty good but your are smart to be concerned about the area. Most of Santa Clara County has held up through the current problems, but most of the areas to the East and North of 101 are seeing a high proportion of distress sales. I would advise you to check out the options for the same type of property in the more salubrious neighborhoods.
A further point. I see you are a school teacher. Are you aware that there are a number of Loan programs designed specifically for school teachers? If so you are fully armed. If not you're fighting with one arm behind your back. If you need info on this feel free to call.
Good luck, Bill .
good afternoon....wherever you buy.....i would be happy to help you with your financing....my name is bob mcclure- mortgage now- farmington, michigan... i am licensed in your's and 18 other states... (248) 974-4444.direct..no phone tag....i can also close you in your own backyard......best regards....