Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Jon Huffingt…, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

As a buyer, looking for a home, what is the best way to tell realtors that you are looking for a specific home?

Asked by Jon Huffington, Austin, TX Wed Feb 5, 2014

I am pre-approved and ready to buy. My agent and I have been looking for a few weeks, but the inventory is just so low that there hasn't been much out there. I have a pretty specific area and price point I'm looking at, so I thought it might be helpful to let agents what I'm looking for so I if they have a client that meets that criteria and is looking to sell we could possibly make a deal. One of the advantages I have is that I don't need to be in the home at any specific time; if they needed 6 months to rent the home, I'm fine with that. Would the mass emails to agents be something that would be worthwhile, if it were coming from a buyer? My agent says he doesn't look at them much, but wouldn't be opposed to doing it. What's your take? Any other ideas?

Answers

2
Hi Jon ... I can certainly empathize with you on the lack of inventory. Keep in mind is that we are coming into the Spring market, so there is a good chance that you will be seeing more new homes come on to the market in the next few months. Regarding contacting other realtors ... it's a sticky subject. No one wants to tell you not to do it, however it can make other realtors uncomfortable to have you, rather than your realtor, contact them. I'd let your realtor handle it. I'm sure they have lots of contacts and relationships with other area realtors and probably has a blast e-mail contact system that will make this kind of communication easy for them to do for you. Best of luck on your home search. Sivya Weis RE/MAX Gold Coast (201)951-8306 sivya@hobokenproperties.com http://TheHobokenDream.com
Please share exactly what you are looking for and your agents info so we can contact him if we have a similar home coming available.