Home Buying in East Haven>Question Details

Joannagianno…, Home Buyer in Branford, CT

As a buyer, how do I know exactly what contingencies I should have written into my offering contract? Some properties I am have a sump pump.

Asked by Joannagiannotti, Branford, CT Fri Jun 17, 2011

What if it's in a high water table area?

Help the community by answering this question:


Do you have an agent, if so what is he/she suggesting---have you considered hiring an attorney who specializes in real estate for all related paperwork....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 17, 2011
High water table could mean you may have to purchase flood insurance. This should be looked into. You can do that by contacting FEMA via the internet or by phone. Be careful though, because it has been my experience that FEMA maps are sometimes as much as six months behind updating their material.

Other contingencies might include financing, well testing, inspection, radon, mold, lead-base paint etc. You would serve yourself well to hire an agent to guide you through the home buying process.
Web Reference: http://www.lindacefalu.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 17, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer