Home Buying in Hyattsville>Question Details

Karen Smith,  in Annapolis, MD

As a RE Agent, it is my duty to review all lease applications and submit, (1) ALL applications that meet the eligibility criteria (income, credit,

Asked by Karen Smith, Annapolis, MD Sun Sep 2, 2012

employment, rental history, availability of funds) to the landlord, OR (2) select ONLY one applicant that I believe is the best applicant and present ONLY that application to landlord for review and selection.

Answers

3
Theresa Sheaffer’s answer
Our job is to facilitate the transaction. Not make any decisions for our clients. I wouldn't even think of putting myself in that kind of position by screening anything. Sounds like a liability and disaster waiting to happen, to me.
-T
Thank you! I like this answer.
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
That would be a question to ask your owner. I recommend that they review all applications in order. If the first one is stellar we don't bother with moving down the chain.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
(1) Unless the landlord has explicitly asked you to prescreen and select a single applicant.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
So if the landlord does not explicitly ask me to prescreen and select, then I must present all qualified applicants to the landlord for review and selection. Correct?
Flag Sun Sep 2, 2012
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA