Home Buying in Noblesville>Question Details

Ball State A…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Army Vet, Good salary, low credit score

Asked by Ball State Alum, San Antonio, TX Sun Jun 10, 2012

I am an Army VET, and first time homebuyer. Looking for a home around $200k and under. Im currently in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. My Annual salary is $163k, however my credit score is dismal, 500's. Can I get a loan somewhere, even if it means a higher intrest and downpayment?

Answers

6
First of all, thank you, sir, for your service to our country.

As a vet, there are specialists available to you to assist in the process of purchasing a home. This can be accomplished whether you purchase locally, nationwide, or internationally.

I'd encourage you to work with a realtor who has this ability not only on the national level, but internationally as well. This process doesn't need to be cumbersome to you. Let a professional go to work for you!

One more comment as I commented already. I list and sell homes all over and I am an agent that works with USAA - keep my name and they might actually be your best bet as a Veteran. Janet Giles - 317-997-7404
Without a 620 today it is really tough. However if you purchased a $200,000 home and had 10% down and do a short term contract (say 1 year) in order to raise your credit score - and you sincerely work on raising that score knowing that you MUST get it up to finance or you may not get your deposit back - that is do-able. Check with USAA and see what they say and how soon you can purchase.
Do you want to buy in the Noblesville area ? I'd be happy to check into this further for you if this is the area you plan to settle in. Please contact me via my e-mail and let me know.
Peggy Deakyne, The Deakyne Team, FC Tucker Co.

pdeakyne@talktotucker.com
What area are you looking at?