Home Buying in Pinon Hills>Question Details

Barbara, Home Buyer in Pinon Hills, CA

Are you supposed to have the septic pumped out when you are buying a foreclosed home through a bank, either using FHA or USDA? Or...Do YOU the buyer?

Asked by Barbara, Pinon Hills, CA Sun Sep 26, 2010

Answers

3
Hi, Barbara,

Most Bank-owned homes are sold "as-is". Any repairs or services MUST be specified in the contract, and banks rarely agree to any of them. Your best bet is to get a quote from a reputable septic servicing firm BEFORE you make the offer, and include it in your price calculation. While you are talking with them, you might invest in a thorough inspection. Most banks will allow a 7 - 10 day inspection period. Also ask them about permit status and "what can possibly go wrong?" because it will.

Doc
I second that last answer. Write it in the offer. If you don't clarify it during your negotiations then you will be responsible for any inspections you deem necessary. Well at least thats what most foreclosure(REO) addendum read. Most banks will not do inspections if not addressed during negotiations.

Daniel Del Real, CRS
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
Hello .. You should have your realtor write who will pay for it into your offer. It must be done so best to make it clear from the start. If your beyond that point I'd still have the realtor talk to the seller's agent about the seller taking on the cost. I don't think there is a clear rule on it so I'd be prepared to make an agreement - don't forget to get that certification that it was done and an invoice marked paid.
Celia
Web Reference: http://www.homeloandiva.com