Home Buying in Toms River>Question Details

Judy Sysyn N…, Home Buyer in Toms River, NJ

Are you permitted to buy a house in Silver Ridge or any section of Holiday City to rent out?

Asked by Judy Sysyn Naughton, Toms River, NJ Thu Sep 6, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Mary,

Our office just created a quick reference matrix that depicts the current rental restrictions for each section of Holiday City. If you would like a copy sent to you please inquire via my e-mail address.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
i am purchasing 99 prince charls st at holiday city.
would you pl send me the restrictions of this property.
my email is 279ashok@gmail com
Flag Sun Dec 23, 2012
Yes a lot of the homes in Holiday City and Silver Ridge are investment properties taht are being rented out. The tenant still needs to show proof of age at the clubhouse to get the C. of O. from Berkeley township. You will also need to register as a landlord at township offices.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hi Mary

Most homeowners associations in HC (including Silver Ridge) do allow rentals but for some of them you have to own the home for a period of time first (1 year, etc) before being able to rent it out, it would depend on where the home was that you have interest in and what the rental guidelines of that particular community are. There are a lot of good investment opportunities out there-good luck with your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
Only specific areas allow rentals right away. Most require that you own the property for 2 years. Either way, the owner of the home needs to
prove they are 55 ir older.