Sally English, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

Are you (or your client if you are a buyers agent) waiting until after the presidential election to make a home purchase?

Asked by Sally English, Atlanta, GA Fri Oct 19, 2012

The answer was apparently yes. The real estate market showed improvement within a week of the National Election coming to an end.
I've heard some rumblings about this, but I've never experienced that there is a dramatic change after an election. Even going from what party to another, changes that may be implemented happen gradually so I don't understand why people would be holding off on decisions for that reason....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
I haven't had this come up with any buyers. Our problem is low inventory - not worrying about the election - at least not in regards to when to buy. Properties continue to sell very quickly.

I do believe that people are waiting, but they are not going to be open about it. This election effects so many aspects of the economy and in turn, real estate. People just want more solid answers prior to making a big decision.