Home Buying in South Bend>Question Details

Patience, Home Buyer in Lakeville, IN

Are you able to put a manufactred/modualr homr in the St.Joesph county in Indiana? If so how much land is required?

Asked by Patience, Lakeville, IN Sat Jun 30, 2012

Allen Grace’s answer
Thank you for your question. First of all there is a technical difference between Manufactured and Modular. Modular is generally allowed any where as they look and feel like a normal stick built home, and in fact can be stronger as they are built to be lifted in place by a crane. A manufactured home on the other hand has a mobile home chassis and is delivered to the site on it's own wheels and chassis. Modular homes are generally allowed everywhere on a normal buildable lot unless restricted by subdivision covenants as a type of construction. A manufactured home may be restricted also by local covenants and restrictions in subdivisions as a general rule. To my knowledge there is no minimum lot size as long as it is an approved buildable lot.

Hope this helps.
Let me know if I can be of additional assistance in any way.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 1, 2012
Thank You! Another question we were wondering is where if at all can you get a loan for land/home? We've talked to one person who said they were hard to find these days.
Flag Sun Jul 8, 2012