dberg52, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Are they crazy,10818 albany they want 20,000 more than appraised?

Asked by dberg52, Chicago, IL Sat Feb 2, 2013

Answers

7
Ivan Sagel’s answer
Dberg,

That might be the asking price. But you can offer less, if you think you can justify it. Call or email me if you would like to make an offer.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Zillow is a horribly inaccurate site to find real estate values. Its completely automated and my own homes have been grossly inaccurate in the past (the home info their computer uses to generate a general value is always wrong as well). In addition, you can go in as the owner of your own home and change the info which will generate a change in value.

If you want to know the value of your home, contact a local real estate agent to pull comparable for you.
I think prospective buyers get confused when a seller lists a home like mine for 275, 000 and trulia and zillow say its appraised value is 249,000. How can they give an appraisal based on a picture of the house from the street? actually had an appraisal of my home before I put it up and it was a lot more then $249,000.Also the county has my home as a 3 bedroom home and 1 bath and its actually 4 bedroom 2 bath with a possible 5th bedroom (lost closet for 2nd story addition). When I bought the home 20 years ago it was 3 bedroom 1 bath...So Dberg maybe this can help you understand that the seller is not crazy....
City Homes , Condos, etc; do tend to be priced higher than equivelant Suburban Homes, as they have the benefit of being attractive to City of Chicago Employees, who must live in the City to maintain Employment with the City. This is not really a problem, as you basically get it back on the other end when you go to sell, as it will be more attractive to more lookers, who most likely will be City of Chicago Employees or those who are soon to be City Employees, looking to establish Residency, so they can be hired. City workers are also known to take good care of their property, as they mostly will remain there for all of their Employment Career with the City.
Hi dberg52, Have you seen the appraisal and what is the date on it?
Do you really want it?

Put in your offer and see what happens.
They must be! When was the appraisal completed?