Home Buying in Reading>Question Details

Jmh2012, Other/Just Looking in Raleigh, NC

Are there young families in Reading's Rt 129 neighborhoods near the town center?

Asked by Jmh2012, Raleigh, NC Mon Jul 9, 2012

We are considering looking at homes in this area but want to have a nice neighborhood for us to mingle/have friends for our little 10 month old. Is this a nice area to raise a family? Same question for Wilmington as we are also looking at homes off of Rt 62. Thanks!

Answers

12
Looks like Reading is ranked #1 for safety with young children,

Here is a helpful link:
http://www.bestplaces.net/zip-code

Best Places to Live in Reading (zip 01867), Massachusetts

Ranked #1 Safest Cities for Families with Young Children
Ranked #1 Most Competitive Private Colleges
Ranked #1 Most Difficult Cities to Navigate
Ranked #2 Best Cities for Teleworking - Extra Large Metro Areas
Ranked #2 Cities on the Edge of Greatness

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes,
Lisa Marie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
Update to this question. Since Reading completed the downtown renovations - there are even more families with young children coming to the "walk to downtown" neighborhoods. Hunt Park and Memorial Park flank both sides of RT 129 (Salem Street) and provide great recreation entertainment options. Summer Concerts, ice skating, tennis, playgrounds. Reading maintains the parks on a revolving basis.
I live in the Reading area myself and I like it a lot, my family are so comfortable and happy in Reading, my kids love it. it also has great school system and high rating. you can check more information about the schools rating at: http://www.bostongreatschools.com
just type in Reading, MA or any area you want and it will give you the rating of the schools in this area.

please feel free to contact me for any of your real estate questions or needs.

Maha Nassar Hanania
real estate Agent/Realtor
Boardwalk real estate
Main St. Reading, MA
m.hanania@comcast.net
Direct phone: 617-407-9830
one of the websites that can help is: citydata.com
it will give you great idea about the area and the percentage of people, ages, education,,, many information. and you can always visit the area in different times in the day to see it closely and meet the people there.

hope that helps
good luck

Maha
Boardwalk real estate
Reading, MA 01867
With warm weather fast approaching, take the time to do your homework in the neighborhoods you are serious about! Take a walk in those areas, perhaps meet some potential neighbors! You can always drive through and look at online resources, but always take the time to judge first hand!

John
Well said David and I heartily agree! The historic downtown area was renovated just a few years ago and the improvements have been phenomenal! "Walk to Downtown" has become a very desirable trait for Reading home buyers. Three years ago we started the very popular Fall Street Faire and it now attracts hundreds of families to the area every September! As a member of Reading Town Meeeting and the Finance Committee as well as a parent of a middle school age child - I can attest to both the financial well being of the town as well as the award winning school system.
Hi, Reading is a wonderful community to live in and raise a family. I am not an agent, but I live just a block from downtown and Rt. 129. We have two parks within walking distance, can walk to the center for the many town events in just a minute or so. The downtown in Reading now has a number of restaurants, 2 pharmacies, and other shops/salons, etc. that you can walk to from that area. Our kids (twins) are 6 and are just going into first grade. The school system is highly regarded, and our experience so far confirms that.
You can contact me if you want additional information.
Dave
dw@dkworkman.com
I would visit both so you can get a better feel for each one of them. Check out the city data and demographics and enlist a buyers agent to assist you (this is free to you) and he/she can, not only set up showings for you, but guide you through out the entire purchase process.
Wen
info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
Hi, You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com for in-depth crime stats and area demographics for any area. Click on the city report section and use the side by side zip code comparison feature.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
HI,

I would be happy to meet with you to go over all of your ideas and options for your new home. There are so many considerations that need addressing it is very hard to go through them all online.

Please feel free to give me a call at 978-604-6521 (also texts) or send me an email at heatherlore21@gmail.com

Heather LoRe, Realtor
Century 21 Starwood
299 Main Street
Wilmington MA 01887

Century 21 Spindler & O'Neil
247 Main Street
North Reading MA 01864
Yes, Reading is a great community for a young family. This town has a desirable school system and therefore many young families move to Reading for that reason. In fact, the sellers of the listing I have Pierce Street in Reading raised 3 children in that home now are only looking to move to be closer to their youngest daughter who just graduated from Reading High and will be attending college in NC. This is a great home for a growing family! Check out the link below...

Best of luck!

Donna
Hi, You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. They have a greta side by side zip code comparison feature.

Chris