Home Buying in Laguna Woods>Question Details

Marsha, Home Owner in San Dimas, CA

Are there 1 story garage homes, minimum 1100 sq ft with "private" outdoor living space in LW for under $200,000? What are the mo. fees? Codo vs Coop?

Asked by Marsha, San Dimas, CA Thu Aug 1, 2013

Answers

4
Nicole Fedorchek’s answer
I would be happy to answer all your questions, and assist you with your home search!
Contact me today!
Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
714-914-5097
realtornicolef@gmail.com
I just sold a Coop 2 bedroom 2 bath single story in Laguna Woods for $360,00.000 however there are single story condos and Stock Cooperatives that are under $250K with detached garage.

Contact me

Raquel Pasala
License #01806253
C: 949.463.1241

Difference between Condo and Co-op according to http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Condominiums+a…

A condominium is a multiple-unit dwelling in which there is separate and distinct ownership of individual units and joint ownership of common areas. For example, in an apartment house, the individual owners would each own their own apartments while all the owners of the separate apartments would together own the parts of the building common to all of them, such as the entrances, laundry rooms, elevators, and hallways. The building is managed by the condominium association, either directly or through a professional manager. The owners of the individual units are jointly responsible for the costs of maintaining the building and common areas, but they are individually responsible for the maintenance expenses of their particular units.

A cooperative apartment house is usually owned and managed by a corporation, and the shareholders are tenants who lease their apartments from the corporation. The relative size of the apartment that a shareholder-tenant leases determines the proportion of the corporation's stock that that shareholder owns. Each shareholder-tenant pays a monthly assessment, based upon his or her proportionate share of the stock, to cover the principal and interest on the building mortgage, taxes, and maintenance costs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 1, 2013
Which one is more affordable?
Flag Thu Aug 1, 2013
Marsha

None are available that low with a garage. Monthly fees are 1% of the purchase price and the basic rate for the amenities So you will see various monthly rates and this is why
Condo vs coop looks like it was explained below Coops have more covered amenities vs a condo

How can I help you more in what you want to achieve in buying a place in?

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
.
nothing with a enclosed garage that low. if you would like more information give me a call.
Lori Hanson
OC HOMES REALTY
BRE 01405146
714-585-5236 cell
estatepricing@yahoo.com