Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Robb, Home Buyer in Leesville, LA

Are there real estate companies in Philly that specialize in home identification,loans, and remodels? (e.g. what the Property Brothers do on HGTV)?

Asked by Robb, Leesville, LA Tue Sep 18, 2012

After many years traveling the globe, my wife & I will be getting out of the Army and moving back to Philadelphia. We are eager to find something in Society Hill or Queen Village but we would love to find something under a million dollars and plan the renovation ourselves. I would like help 1) identifying properties that can be made into an ideal home at a lower cost than the current market rate homes, 2) structuring the loan in such a way to include renovation costs (if possible), driving the appropriate renovations within budget. 3) Identifying contractor groups that are used to doing high end renovations that have technology like CGI that can help the less artistic client envision the final product.
Thanks!
RB

Answers

4
Robb,
What you have listed is very possible. There are some very nice homes available Society Hill or Queen Village.
There are contractors you require and we can certainly help locate the property and lenders for you.
I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Please feel free to contact me any time.

Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
700 E. Township Line Road, Suite 100
Havertown, PA 19083
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Fax:484-453-8313
Licensed In Pennsylvania

Dmytro V. Bova
Bova Realty Group
Robb,

I would be delighted to talk with you. I am a licensed architect and licensed realtor. Your email is exactly the type of stuff I am set up to assist with. It won't be like the show where only two people do all the work, but I have all the connections you desire to help you achieve your goals. It sounds like a great project you want to undertake.

Are you ever in the Philadelphia area? I strongly believe it would be best to set up a face to face meeting. Please contact the architecture firm of Converse Winkler Architecture at 610-664-0806 and ask for me or use the contact information below.

Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com

As a trained architect and skilled realtor, let me help you navigate all aspects of owning a home.

Scott Maritzer, RA
331 Montgomery Avenue
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Tel: 610-664-0806
smaritzer@cwarc.com
http://www.cwarc.com
Hi Robb
All of the items you discussed are possible .There would need to be an in-depth discussion to cover all areas to have a smooth transaction.
I have 16 years of fulltime experience. Feel free to contact me on cell @ 267-716-8228 ; email-realtor94@gmail.com
Don A.Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold
Hi Robb, my firm has actually advised a couple other independent developers like yourselves hae a successful project. I would welcome the opportunity to connect with you and introduce you to my colleagues; and show you some examples of our work. Obviously the name Sotheby's fits with the high-Ed renovation you ate trying to accomplish. Cheers!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com