Dan, Home Buyer in Melbourne Beach, FL

Are there oceanfront properties around Melbourne Beach area with 100 ft ocean, older house and below $900K?

Asked by Dan, Melbourne Beach, FL Sun May 4, 2008

Living in Canada and considering Melbourne Beach area (or south all way to Fort Pierce) for buying an older oceanfront property (not canal) below $900K with 100 ft. direct ocean frontage - and wondering if such properties are available in today's market. Also, wondering how much such house could rent for (to carry some of the costs in the case I don't use it for long periods). Would appreciate the feedback/advice.

Answers

12
Hi Daniel,

To answer you question directly, there are not any homes for sale on the MLS in Melbourne Beach meeting your criteria. There is one for sale for $945,000. I do not know how much you know about this area, so I ran a search of the beaches from Cocoa Beach south the Melbourne Beach and there are five intially meeting your criteria under $900,000. There are four more up to $1,000,000. The reason I looked at these as more often than not in this current market you can obtain a property well below the asking price. None of these appear to be short sales, and a few appear to be investor or bank owned.

One of these is currently rented out for $2,000/month. The beach homes support renting very easily as it is a desired area. I can research that further for you if you wish.

Any agent can represent a buyer at not charge to them. If you are interested I can research these in more detail as to how much is owed etc, and email you the listings and along with that information. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information and good luck with your adventure in to the beaches of Brevard County! It is a wonderful place.

Denise Shockey-RE/MAX Elite

deniseshockey@gmail.com
321-446-4994
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 4, 2008
Hi Daniel,

You'll be happy to learn that there are properties that meet your criteria! My wife and I are both long-time residents and Realtors in Brevard County. We would be glad to set up a listing cart that will send you properties updates as they become available. When we're working with out-of-area buyers, we typically preview the homes for them and take pictures and/or video that we can email to them. As you're probably aware, we have many Canadian visitors who end up becoming seasonal residents in Brevard County. If you contact me with your email address, I can also send you a list of properties in the area that have rented, along with a list of how much they have rented for. It's definitely important to do your research before you make a purchase and we would be glad to assist you in any way we can. I've included a link to a property in the area, just to give you an idea of what's available. I realize the listing price is higher than 900k, but you never know how much the owner will take until an offer is made. Abby and I look forward to helping you find a fantastic property in Melbourne Beach!

http://www.brevardmls.com/brv/maildoc/a0006Q4107.html

Andrew and Abby Barclay
ERA Showcase Properties & Investments
http://www.BarclayRealtors.com
eraandrew@gmail.com
321-514-9862
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 4, 2008
Dear Daniel,
Please see the two links below. One is an article we recently had widely published that talks about the opportunities in the Florida East Coast. The second link is a sample listing. I am not specifically recommending this home or even Melbourne Beach for that matter. As you stated in your question, you are open to the best opportunities possible. It is not just the perfect home, it also has to be the right community with the best tax advantages and the highest rental potential. All we do is help people, many from overseas, locate their second, retirement or investment property. We are a buyers agent which in the Us means we work for only you (we are not selling also), and this service does not cost you anything. We represent your best interest in the selection and procurement process. Once you close, we receive a referral fee from the MLS agent. Because of our independence, we are able to cover any area and find wants best for you.
Hope to hear from you.
The Schaffer Realty Group
Marian Schaffer
marian@marianschaffer.com

http://send2press.com/newswire/print/news_2008-04-0422-006.shtml

http://www.servingbrevard.com/details.html?mlsid=103-414397&…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 4, 2008
Yes! There are plenty of homes lower than $900K I will be happy to help you find the home of your dreams!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Hi, Dan! We sold two houses directly on the ocean: one duplex for $550K and closing next week on a duplex a little over $550K. all me at (321) 537-4651 and we can discuss what you would like to have. Thank you and have a nice day! Tatyana Weinstein - Melbourne Beach Properties, Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Yes, I have one listed direct Oceanfront in Melbourne Beach for 900,000. It is 2600 sq ft, on over 1/2 acre lot, on on of the largest dunes experiencing accretion in Melbourne Beach.
I am the owner of a large, ocean front lot on melbourne beach with a small house on it - it is at least 1 1/3 acres and has well over 100 ft of private beach. Contact me if you're still looking...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 28, 2009
We are semi retired living at Melbourne Beach, and presently leasing for the past 1.5 years. Your quest is definetely do able . The biggest industry here in FL. is for sale signs, for rent, vacation rental, and my favorite available for purchase. A favorite pastime is to drive on A1A and count the "For Sale" signs on the beach side, and knowing that with patience you will get your price. Don't worry on missing out on opportunities, and don't fall for "now is the best time to buy" , since we have watched 20% erosion of prices per year and most owners are still more than one year behind in pricing.
Hi: I have created this link http://www.brevardmls.com/brv/maildoc/a000Rv4234.html
for you so that you will be able to view specific information on some great oceanfront deals in the Melbourne Beach area. Take a look at this link too in order to find out more about our firm and what we have to offer you as home buyers: http://www.PalaceProperties.org.. Let us know if we can help you.

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
http://www.PalacePropertiesOnline.com
321.773.5611
321.704.9305

About Us
Our mission is to provide the best service possible to our customers and clients and to be ever mindful of your needs. We achieve true success only by placing you first.
Palace Properties International is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Melbourne Area Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, World Properties, Home Builders and Contractors Association of Brevard (HBCA), Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) as well as the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Whether you want to invest in California, Virginia, the Carolinas, Florida or elsewhere, we look forward to working with and for you, your family and your friends regarding your and their real estate pursuits. We take advantage of our elite and prestigious professional real estate network of top producing, pre-qualified Realtors that specialize in their respective geographical areas.
Company history
With a rich and diverse international background, the staff at Palace Properties International speaks nine languages, has lived and traveled in over 20 countries and possess multiple advanced postgraduate academic university degrees. Kelly and Mark Palace own the firm along with several other thriving businesses in central Florida.

Local Area Information
Come visit one of America's best kept secrets and you will truly fall in love with our subtropical paradise!

Just 35 miles east of Orlando, Brevard County prides itself as the home of Kennedy Space Center, the only facility in the world that launches the Space Shuttle; Port Canaveral, the second-busiest cruise port in the world; 72 miles of beautiful Atlantic Ocean beaches; and the largest collection of endangered wildlife and plants in the continental United States. With its tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, active and passive recreation options, high-technology industries, and family-friendly atmosphere, the Space Coast offers an exceptional quality of life that residents and visitors enjoy year-round. Nearly 500,000 people call its 15 municipalities and unincorporated areas "home."

Tucked in among the other beach communities of Brevard County, Indian Harbour Beach sits on two square miles of land between the Atlantic to the east and the still waters of the Indian River Lagoon to the west. Beachfront parks are a great place for a picnic (most have running water to wash off the sand before you replace your flip-flops) and Gleason Park offers 27 acres surrounding a beautiful lake, with exercise trails, lit by Victorian lights in the early evening. Tennis is available on city courts and baseball and soccer fields are available at the city’s million-dollar sports complex.

Mark, you truly are the Somerset Oceanfront Specialist. I really appreciate the way you have worked with me as an owner of two units. I know listing with you is the right choice as you are well connected both in the local community and to the international buyers. Each time I talk to you, it seems you have my best interest in mind. Thank you!” S. Veal, MD 03/22/08
- Dr. Steven Veal, Medical Doctor and Real Estate Investor 3/23/08

I met Mark Palace at the Curves Vibrant Womens Conference and decided to have Palace Properties help me find a place to rent or buy. He had a place within an hour and I could see it that evening after work. Mark works hard for his clients and always kept in contact with me by e-mails and phone calls when I needed to talk to him. Never had to wait long for a call back. He is very professional, courteous and respectful. There are some realtors out there that should take lessons from Mark Palace, Palace Properties.
- Patricia Kane, BRPH Architects/Engineers, Inc 7/24/07
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
Daniel,
Please email me at terry@marianschaffer.com. I will arrange to have sent to you regular properties that come on the market. You can view these at your convenience and without anyone calling you or marketing to you. This is a great way to get a feel of what is available.

Thank you
The Schaffer Realty Group
yes there home in you price range. you can rent it depends on the time of the year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
Thanks to all that posted the comments. I am specifically looking for wider oceanfront lots (100 ft) under 900K and understand that these could be hard to find even now. Would be interested if such property comes up on the market in an area from Cocoa/Melbourne beach and all the way south to Fort Pierce. Thanks again!