Home Buying in Tempe>Question Details

Karl Tunberg, Real Estate Pro in Tempe, AZ

Are there more investors coming into the Arizona real estate market now than in 2012?

Asked by Karl Tunberg, Tempe, AZ Sat Apr 20, 2013

Answers

6
Most likely less, aside from speculators and weekend warriors who think the market will keep soaring the way it has for some time to come.
investors buy low, sell high..I would say investors aren't doing as much as in several previous years because of price increase and projected price increases.
Like any opportunity you will have more "investors as the market grows" it is better to call most speculators than investors..
Lots and lots of investors are flooding this market! We are seeing a lot of first time homebuyers and move-up buyers as well.
Karl:

Not in the single family home market. The price point has to be under $150,000 for the numbers to make sense. There are very few single family homes in good rental areas and in good condition and the prices are too high. Many of my investors are now buying in Las Vegas as the prices are lower and the rents higher.

Investors are still buying condos as most do not have condo certifications so can only be purchased with cash. This is keep those prices low though even those prices have increased significantly.

The multifamily market has slowed down as well. Fourplexes under $200,000 with 2BR, 1-2BA unit configuration are still selling depending on location and condition.

Please let me know if you want more details and I can forward you my newsletter.

Pat Hune
Broker
1st Southwest Realty
http://www.greathouseaz.com
Hi Karl:

Good question. No there are less investors now than in 2012. Why? The amount of cash sales has declined since 2012 which is indicative of investors. The number of home purchases with mortgages are on the increase. Prices have risen since last year which is another reason.

Call with any questions. Would be pleased to help you.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940