Michelle, Renter in Massapequa, NY

Are there many young families who live here year round? With young children or mostly Retirees?

Asked by Michelle, Massapequa, NY Thu Aug 22, 2013

Answers

5
Dear Michelle,

Hilton Head is a very well rounded, balanced community and doesn't favor one group or another. Hilton Head and the surrounding mainland community of Bluffton is a great place to live. The community is very welcoming. It's easy to meet people and there are many activities for people of all ages.

There are many different types of communities here and the only ones that are strictly for retirees are located out in Bluffton and are age restricted communities.

If you are looking for specific demographics, they are available for each community and I would be glad to provide those for you upon request.

Good luck with your home search and know there are many great Realtors here to help you if you seek advice.

Expect the best!
Julie Toon Timms
Owner/Broker
Hilton Head Island Real Estate Brokers, Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 23, 2013
I'm originally from Deer Park and we moved here with our baby 2 years ago. LOVE IT! Best thing we did. We live in Bluffton and I work on Hilton Head. The demographics vary, but more and more young familes are moving here and the activities are really starting to reflect that.
I did NOT mean to post that 3x!! sorry
Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014
Jennifer..Your from Deer Park on Long Island?
Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014
Jennifer...Your from Deer Park? Where on Long Island?
Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014
Jennifer...Your from Deer Park? Long Island?
Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014
The Hilton Head area is a fantastic place for all ages. My wife and I raised our children in Hilton Head and some of the best memories come from all the activities we did in the area with them. Now, as grandparents, we enjoy the more active adult scene from boating to dancing, but still greatly enjoy all the wonderful events and activities we take our grandchildren to. The entire Hilton Head area is such a warm, inviting community with a lush scene of private relaxation that you will find everyone of every age in every community setting enjoying life.
All you have to do is drive by all the school campuses to answer your question to see how many children live here. The school buses pick up and drop off children in every community.
However because the public school campus is located on the north end of the island. There are probably more children in Hilton Head Plantation then any other.
Been helping folks find a place here since 1986. If you do not already have a Realtor will be happy to to help learn about the market.
Hi Michelle..hey Im originally from Bayport...HI
i would be happy to discuss your real estate needs if you want to email me at mahrealtor@gmail.com
the average age is 50ish....here is a link that may be helpful to you
http://www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov/departments/commdev/demogr…
its the towns demographics link.. Let me know if i can help you further
Maureen