Home Buying in Santa Rosa>Question Details

bfroute-neski, Home Buyer in Santa Rosa, CA

Are there lots / land in Santa Rosa that are for sale and not on MLS?

Asked by bfroute-neski, Santa Rosa, CA Mon Jun 3, 2013

Are there lots / land in Santa Rosa that are for sale and not on MLS? We are looking for 0.5 to 1 acre on East side of town and wondering if there is anything that is not currently on MLS that anyone knows about.

Answers

8
Requirements:

Minimum lot size .5 acre
Prefer at least 10000 sq ft of lot that has only minor grade (5% or less)
Price range: Up to $175,000 for lot not on city services, $225,000 for lot on city services
Preferred area: Most interested in Rincon Valley to Oakmont geographic area. Also like Bennett Valley, Reibli and Mark West Springs areas.
Give me a call as I need a lot more detailed idea of what you are looking for. Based on what type of plans that you have in mind, it involves extensive searching depending on whether you are looking for a private lot or a lot in a community with streets and utilities already in. Often, an analysis of cost may show that you may be better off with doing a remodeling a fixer which would save on permit fees and time for perk tests. I've built on 80 acres, so I have personal experience with building from scratch, and suggest you find the old Cary Grant movie "Mr. Blandings Dream House", unless you are a contractor! Best, Terry
Terry Bell, Realtor
CPS Real Estate
Santa Rosa, CA
707-292-5712
TerryinSR@aol.com
http://www.TerrysHomes4sale.com
Hi

If you are working with a realtor ask them. If you are not working with one find a local realtor to help. We have been known to approach owners even when their properties are not for sale when our buyer wants a specific area. Good Luck

Fran and Mark Redding
Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors
1010 stony hill Road
Yardley, PA 19067
215-321-3307 Direct
215-208-7169 Cell
Are you looking to build? What is your price range?
Occasionally there is a lot for sale by owner that may not be listed on Craigs List.
You can reach me at marlene.lowenthal@gmail.com, if you would like help.
There are lots that are available that are not on MLS.

Often I meet with a client first to determine their "needs" and then search for land based on those factors. The largest transaction of 7+ year my career was a property I sold that was not advertised or on MLS.

I have sold over 195 acres just in the last two months. I would love to talk with you about your criteria: zoning, topography, frontage, does it need water, power and are you willing to wait while you get it perc'ed.? etc. etc. etc.

Many agents will reply to you. Please make sure you hire an agent that knows land, and has sold a lot of it in this market.

PS I love the East side of Santa Rosa. I grew up over there, and know it very well.

Lets talk soon? 707-292-8400.

Yarrow Kubrin
Realtor @ Keller Williams Realty International, Santa Rosa West
120 Stony Point Rd., Ste. 140, Santa Rosa, CA, 95401
Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist (CLHMS)
Million Dollar Guild, Institute for Luxury Homes Marketing Member
Office phone: 707-206-4500
Mobile: 707-292-8400
Fax: 707-206-4600
Email: yarrow@yarrowkubrin.com
Website: http://www.yarrowkubrin.com
Website: http://www.yarrowkubrinluxury.com
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/yarrow-kubrin/6/159/72a
https://www.facebook.com/yarrowbayarearealestate
"Tireless, Truthful, Knowledgeable, Discreet"
DRE 01396892
You can ask your Realtor to attend broker meetings and ask if agents have clients wanting to sell.
Glenn's right about the public sources of information. Both Craigslist and the Press Democrat do occasionally have property for sale that isn't on the MLS. To get a broader search on your behalf you should keep in mind that as a buyer you don't pay any sales commission (paid by the seller, typically). It wouldn't hurt to find an agent you like and start working with them on your land search. What they can do is present your "wants and needs" at a weekly meeting of real estate agents. That often turns up a property that isn't listed yet or that an agent knows might be for sale. They can also search for "expired" or "withdrawn" listings that the owners still may want to sell.

Happy hunting.
Maybe on Craigslist or the Press Democrat. If you are unable to find any, have an agent set up a MLS search per your criteria. That way you will receive any of the current listings as soon as they hit the market.