Loryn, Home Buyer in West Chester, PA

Are there homes in the $450,000 - $500,00 range available for lease purchase?

Asked by Loryn, West Chester, PA Fri Nov 14, 2008

Recently I became aware of a new home in a Downingtown development which is available for lease or lease purchase. We currently live in West Chester, but are really looking to get out of Chester County. We are open to many different areas, all the way from Phoenixville to East Norriton, to Lafayette Hill, to Main LIne, etc.

I am interested in finding out if there are other nice (approx 3,000 sq ft) homes in good neighborhoods that are simply not moving so the owners or builders would consider lease or lease purchase arrangements.

Are there realtors who know more about this area than others? For instance, does anyone in particular specialize in this market?

Thanks!

Answers

4
We have a house in Dresher Montgomery County that we would consider for lease or lease purchase. It is 4 bedrooms 3 1/2 baths and a large wooded backyard. We are in the Upper Dublin Blue Ribbon School District.. We are looking to downsize. WE also have a full finsihsed basement and 2 car garage. my email address is andeeh@comcast.net if you are interested. Good Luck
Great question. We recently just wrote a blog entry about lease purchase - please refer to:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/783695/Lease-Purchase-what-i…

We specialize in lease purchase opportunities in Philadelphia - we did one recently on a $475K new construction home in Pennsport. I am sure that there will be opportunities where you are looking for as this strategy is coming more into focus in lieu of market conditions.

If you are interested in a referral for someone that specializes where you are interested in, let us know. You can contact us through our site below:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
Hello Loryn,

With regard to finding other nice homes with approximately 3,000 square feet, there are many. As for what you consider to be a "good" neighborhood, only you know the answer to that.

My question I have for you is ..if you can afford a home in the $450k to $500k range why would you want to lease one? There would be no benefits for you to do that. Of course, I do not know your situation. I only have your question to go by. If you care to share more details about your situation, please do. If you would rather not give your personal information on a public board, I understand but feel free to send me the information via my email and I would be more than happy to take time with you to give you my professional opinion along with some guidance and to also send you a list of homes that would match your criteria.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION REALTY
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com
Hi, Loryn,

I think that you will find that lease-purchase deals on nice homes in good areas are very hard to find. If you would like me to search for you, please contact me at your earliest convenenience and I will be glad to let you know what is available in those areas.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millenium
215-643-9661
carolcei@remax.net