Home Buying in Kansas City>Question Details

Betty Smiley, Home Buyer in Kansas City, KS

Are there first time home buyer programs in kansas city ks?

Asked by Betty Smiley, Kansas City, KS Thu Sep 12, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Help the community by answering this question:


There is the CHIPS program which will assist with the down payment and HUD is offering loans with 0% down. You have to qualify and both have restrictions on the location of the house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
There's also a program called the Kansas Bond Program. It is a grant from the state of Kansas for first-time home buyers. They will cover up to 4% of the house cost for down payment. Up to .5% of that money can be used for closing costs. To have the cost totally forgiven, you have to live in the property for 5 years. Other limits apply, but that would be best covered with your loan agent.

If you need a great loan person, call Marianne Roper, HomeBridge Financial Services. 913-553-5905. Tell her I sent you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 24, 2014
Have you looked into an FHA loan? FHA loans are specifically geared towards first-time home buyers because of their benefits. These benefits include easy credit qualification, low closing costs, and low down payments of only 3.5%. This a very popular loan product that has a lot to offer that you should consider. There are also community grant programs that will help pay 3% of the down payment only leaving you with .5% down to pay so look into that as well. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this helpful please leave me a recommendation if you can! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 19, 2014
Do you know what credit score you need? Do you recommend a bank?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
There are progams for down payment assistance for any homes east of 78th Street. There are also certain areas that offer grants for publicservants such as police officerd, teachers, fire fighters..Some nieghborhoods offer property tax rebates as well . If there is anything I can dotohelp just give me a call.

Ron Kaminski
(913) 633-3812
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
If you have any more questions or would like help, you can reach me at 785-691-7654 or allison@aristocratre.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer