Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Momneeds Help, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Are there first time home buyer programs for single mothers in Hillsborough or Pasco County, FL that have not so good credit (520) but hold a decent?

Asked by Momneeds Help, Tampa, FL Mon May 10, 2010

job(GOVT) but still have no money to put down.. can I still receive help

Answers

8
Hi Mom,

Contact Kristine Bredeau with HomeBanc. She's well versed in the various programs that may be available to you and she can give you genuine advice about your credit score and how you can improve it.

Here's her info:

Kristine Bredeau, Vice President
Mortgage Branch Manager

3725 West Grace Street Suite 300
Tampa, Florida 33607
Direct: 813-549-7234
e-Fax: 813-902-6621
email: Kristine.Bredeau@homebanc.com
Apply On-Line: http://www.KristineBredeau.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Many cities and counties offer home buying assistance programs.

Here's where you can start in Hillsborough County http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/affordablehousingoffice/

The Florida Homebuyer Opportunity Program http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/affordablehousingoffice/ was in synch with the federal home buyer tax credit, so you're too late to qualify for that program which expired April 30.

On that site, you will also find The Homeless Prevention and Rapid re-Housing Program
http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/affordablehousingoffice/hprp/

Perhaps there's something there that will be helpful to you.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
You have to be pre-qualified with a financial institution that can assist you with the different programs available. There are no programs available just for single moms with no money down and not very good credit. Start a savings program and get assistance with correcting and enhancing your credit.
Mary
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
Did you look into Hillsborough Countys First Time Home Buyer program?
Max purchase price of $150,575
Homebuyers assets can not be more than $20000
must complete an 8 hour education class
Home be in incorporated Hillsborough County or the cities of Plant City or Temple Terrace
Must be primary residence and occupied for a period of the agreement
Cannot have owned a home in the past 3 years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
-

ADVICE FROM A MORTGAGE BROKER WHO KNOWS BEST....

I know who is good at what they do and without a doubt, Gina Harris (813-244-5685) with iBERIABANK is EXTREMELY GOOD at what she does!

If I were not a Mortgage Broker, I would refer my own mother to Gina to get a loan because she really does care about her clients!

Contact her and do exactly what she says and she'll lead you to home ownership.

===
I agree with Realtor Sheila, Gina Harris is a truly generous and capable loan officer and she should be your first call. She will give you the best advice, not just try to maximize her profit on your mortgage!
Mom,

To answer your general question - there are programs to assist with down payment money but none that I know are specific to "single mothers". These programs do require a credit score minimum.

If your goal is to own your own home - you are already moving in the right direction by asking questions. I recently worked with a dream mortgage specialist, Gina Harris (813-244-5685) with iBERIABANK. Give her a call and see if she has a program that will help you. She can certainly help you put together a plan to get you moving towards your goal.

Best of luck and feel free to call, I will be happy to answer your other questions.

Sheila Stephenson
Future Home Realty
813-514-5930
Why would there be such help?
You have a Job,
you need to save money to buy a home.
when you have the money saved, you are ready to buy.
Until then, you need to be renting
Wow, if your such an agent maybe you need to provide her with little bit more info then wht you did. Asking a question with a question. Hmm
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012