Home Buying in West Allis>Question Details

Vic, Both Buyer and Seller in West Allis, WI

Are there currently enough West Allis, WI listings for Buyers?

Asked by Vic, West Allis, WI Fri Jan 27, 2012

Regardless of market conditions, there are never enough West Allis, WI listings for Buyers, especially first time buyers.

Answers

6
I've been selling a lot of homes in West Allis recently (six sold in the last five months, two buyers currently shopping). My experience has been that there are enough new listings for a buyer to have a nice selection, but the really great homes are going quickly, and sometimes with multiple offers. I have seen many really nice homes for first-time buyers available in West Allis.
Months of inventory is what is normally used to assess whether the supply of homes is balanced. There has been an over supply for several years which is usually considered more than a 6 month supply of homes. During the stimulus package in 2009-2010 we were very near a balanced supply. After the program levels went up and peaked around May of last year. (looking at a 12 month running average). Months of inventory has come down every month since then and some of my recent sales suggest prices may actually be moving up slightly, although the inventory levels still are high. I've been a West Allis resident for over 50 years. Graduated from the West Allis and UW school systems. I currently have 2 children at Nathan Hale. If you have any other questions about buying, selling, working or living in West Allis feel free to contact me.
Hello Vic;
There are currently 293 homes on the market in West Allis with prices ranging from $24,250 to $559,000.
http://public.mlswis.com/link.html?wutja4tu6x6,,1
Are you looking to buy in West Allis? I would welcome an opportunity to put our Multi-Benefit Buyer Program to work for you. Also, if you own in West Allis and are considering selling let's talk about making one home available.
Let's talk, Steven
Web Reference: http://TheTwoForYou.com
Hello Vic
As a realtor who doesn't work the West Allis area I would just like to make a comment that supply and demand do make a dramatic difference in the sale or purchase of a home. Have a local realtor show you the statistics of the area and if you are looking to sell try to price your home in a price range not only at market value but also in a range that there is less supply, buyers generally have a 20-30K price range they are searching but certain price points make a differnence, so if you are right on the border of 200K come in below or 250K etc.

good luck with your real estate sale and purchase
Vic,

I am very familiar with and do a lot of work in the West Allis area. I'm wondering what it is you are looking for specifically that you are unable to find.
There are many homes available in West Allis. I would be happy to send them to you.