Home Buying in Santa Barbara>Question Details

solmsted, Home Buyer in Santa Barbara, CA

Are there condo associations/developments in Santa Barbara that permit short term rentals by owner for vacation or seasonal basis?

Asked by solmsted, Santa Barbara, CA Sun Nov 11, 2012

Answers

2
Hi Solmsted-

The previous agent's answer is not entirely correct.

Yes there are some condo developments that meet your criteria, but your ability to vacation rent is not based on owner occupancy. Some allow no rentals whatsoever, most restrict rentals to 30 or 90 day minimum terms, and some don't address the subject at all (thus allowing them). The ones that do usually are smaller developments. Off the top of my head, there's a large one bedroom condo about a block from the beach in a 4-unit development with no restrictions. It's priced just under $500,000 and is very nice.

I would be happy to answer any further questions for you. My email is jon@theluxurycoast.com and telephone is (805) 284-3660.

Jon
Yes, there definitely are! The key is whether or not they require owner occupancy. Feel free to contact me with your price range, number of bedroom/baths you are looking for and any specific neighborhoods. I would be happy to email you listings that fit your criteria.

Summer Knight
805.886.1261
summer.k.knight@gmail.com