Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Tien Vinh Ng…, Other/Just Looking in Santa Ana, CA

Are there cities within Houston area that do not have HOA dues? If not, which areas have the lowest HOA dues?

Asked by Tien Vinh Nguyen, Santa Ana, CA Thu May 27, 2010

Answers

6
HOA Or Home Owner's Associations are based on the neighborhood. The dues keep up with the common areas and any amenities.

The HOA also proposes guidelines to keep the value of the neighborhoods up (or be a nuisance, you choose!).

The simpler of a community, i.e. no pool or parks, the less you pay. Some older neighborhoods can actually have higher dues as the maintenance and repairs can add up.

Stay away from master-planned communities if you're looking to cut this cost. The more rural, the least likely to have the dues.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 27, 2010
Yes, there are areas without HOA's. It all depends on where you are looking. HOA's can be beneficial to keeping up a community -- and its values!

When you start looking, request for areas without HOA's or with low fees. If you need any home buying assistance, feel free to contact my office for more help!
Absolutely! Let me know which area(s) of Houston you're interested in pursuing, your price range and personal needs. I'll find you exactly what you want.

Meg Zoller

meg@finehomeshouston.com
Hi Tien,

Yes there are a few nice neighborhoods that don't have HOA Fees. Jersey Village is one, and there are also a few others that I know of. I really need your price range to help you find the right one. If I can help you in anyway, just give me a call or email. I'm a native Houstonian and I know the Houston area very well. Good Luck to you!
Cities generally do not have HOA dues. HOA stands for Home Owener Association. This is an organization of homeowners that are usually formally on file with the county to preverve property values within a certain geographical area, usually a subdivision, via deed restrictions. Subdivisions are, therefore, what you want to look for. Different subdivisions have different deed restrictions and dues. They vary greatly from $20/year to thousands/year. Cities, such as Houston or West University, will have building codes and maintance codes instead of deed restrictions and HOAs. Sometimes there are both city codes and deed restrictions.

So, if you are looking to AVOID deed restrictions or building and maintance codes, look for property that is not in an incorported city, and NOT in a subdivision. There are plenty of areas, mostly in the North East part of Harris County. If you need help, please contact me.
HOA fees are based on several options:
1. Amenities the community offer to residents
2. Price of homes
3. NEW communities have HOA OLDER communities usually don't
4.

Lynn911.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com