Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Mikemd, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Are there center city condos that have NO pet limits and other stupid rules!?

Asked by Mikemd, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jan 1, 2013

I am budgeting 350K to 450K for a center city condo (Walnut St, Spruce, Spring garden area, area around Thomas Jefferson University). All the condos seem to have a limit on amount of pets. I have 6 cats and have no plans on reducing amount of my pets. Can you tell me which condo buildings allow 6 cats?

Answers

4
Hi Mike,

All condos and co-ops have rules.
There are some pet friendly buildings but I don't know of any that will allow 6 cats.

Your best option would be to buy a townhouse. There are several available in that immediate area throughout Washington Square West, Avenue of the Arts, Bella Vista, and Queen Village.

I grew up on the 1100 block of Rodman St., between 11th & 12th Sts, and Lombard & South Sts. It is a great area with so much to offer and easy walking to all parts of Center City & South Philadelphia. You may be surprised by what is available for the same money you are budgeting for a condo.

Why are you looking for a condo vs house? Please feel free to call me to discuss your situation. I'd be happy to assist you in acheiving your real estate goals here in Philadelphia.

Have a Happy Healthy & Prosperous New Year. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman, CNE
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com

DJCRE, Inc.
Real Estate Sales & Leasing
Property Management & Insurance
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
As a cat lover myself, ( I currently have four but the number seams to grow quite rapidly) I can understand the position you're in. Now there are condos that allow pets, but it will require some research to find number allowed, and unfortunately you will be limited in choices. if you like to I'd be more then happy to discuss what options you do have.
feel free to contact me.
Christina Lopaz 215-966-2591
christina.r.lopaz@gmail.com
By their very nature, condominiums have diverse sets of rules and regulations that all who live in the community must abide by. You must agree to live by these rules before moving in, and you must always have time to review the rules before fully committing to purchase into such a community.

If you are finding it difficult finding a condo community that fits your lifestyle, then it may be in your best interest to look into the single-family home option. That way, the only person whose rules you need to live by are your own.

I would be happy to sit down with you and review all of your options.

Warmest regards,

Joshua Stein, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Preferred – Conshohocken

Office:(610) 828-9558 * Cell:(215) 866-8030
Direct:(484) 270-1165 * Fax: (215) 999-5894
Email: jstein@cbpref.com
Web: http://www.joshuasteinhomes.com

PA License #RS317975
Hi Mike;
I would like to wish you a happy & healthy new year.
All condos have rules whi h vary from condo to condo. Supply me with a list of the condos. You are interested in & I will call them to find what their pet regulations are.
It would be a good idea to consider purchasing a single family home then you won't need to be concerned with regulations; pet- wise all any others.
My best;
Don Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold
Cell-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com