Home Buying in Burlington>Question Details

Jackson, Home Buyer in 01824

Are there any websites that will tell me if a house is under agreement?

Asked by Jackson, 01824 Thu Feb 12, 2009

I don't want to waste my time going to an open house that is already under agreement!

Answers

5
I have a third party MLS Service. It accesses the Massachusetts MLS every 20 minutes. If you are a registered buyer/seller and you request receiving that info my system will do that. Many Realtors should have a similiar system.
Web Reference: http://www.thehousewiz.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
Hi Jackson,
As you can tell from many of the questions here on Trulia, it is difficult for these sites to keep track of homes that go under agreement. My suggestion is to use a listing alert system from a Realtor. Most Realtors have access to this system and offer it as a free service. You can save a ton of time by creating a profile for the home that you are looking for and having only the matching listings sent to you. Once you sign on you will receive an initial list of matching homes and then you will receive one e-mail a day alerting you to new listings or price and status changes on properties you have on your master list. What makes this better than some of the big site's service is that this information is fed directly from MLS and does not rely on an agent to remember to go back to all of the sites and mark their listings as UAG or Sold. You can stop the service at any time yourself. If you have a Realtor ask them to get you set up on the system or you can use the link below to use my system. I hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
If you are getting the homes listings from a realtors MLS feed, then it only shows listings actively on the market. So if the house you are looking for does not show up, its either -on deposit, sold, or taken off the market. you can call any realtor to ask for a list of on deposit listings.
John
Your best bet is to hook up with a buyer's agent (interview several) and they will then likely send you an email "drip" from the Multiple Listing Service that will keep you informed of all market changes. If you need references feel free to call me. Also my website has a Frequently Asked Questions section you might find helpful. Go to Property>buyers>frequently asked questions.
Hello Jackson,
If I understand your question correctly, the only way you can find out if a house is under agreement is to consult a realtor. Whenever a house is under agreement to buy, it could be on an option to buy which means that the buyer have so many days to change their mind. It can also be an agreement pending the closing of the property. Your best way to be sure is to get the service of a realtor in your area. You can always go to open houses because most of the time the property will still be available for sale.

Lanre Bolatiwa GRI