Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

kaity3134, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Are there any trailer park communities in San Diego that are good for a family of 4 and are less than $85,000?

Asked by kaity3134, San Diego, CA Wed Feb 6, 2013

Answers

10
Good luck. Let us know if we can help you. Please tell your wonderful husband that we are proud and thankful for his service to America. All the best to him.
I've only got two little girls both under the age of two so the two person per a bed room limit is no problem. We would do fine with a 2 br 2 bt, that's what we have now, but we have been and still are looking at places online. We've been looking at both Mobile homes and foreclosures.
Questions:

Would you be paying cash?
How many bedrooms do you want? Keep in mind that most if not all MH park/communities have a 2 person per bedroom limit.
What can you afford for a monthly rent/lease?

What you need to do at this point is google the MH communities in the areas you're interested in then take a day or so to drive through them and get a feel for whether they'd be a fit for you and your family.

There are some undesireable MH park/communities just as there are undesirable neighborhoods. Sometimes the MH park/communities are even located in undesirable neighborhoods making them all the more undesirable.

When you find one for sale that gives you warm fuzzies grab a brochure. But I would advise you to work with a RE professional who is experienced in MH's.
We are already in military housing. We're in the second cheapest homes that they have but aren't allowed any pets other than a bird and or a ten gallon fish tank. This is the reason we want to move, when deployment rolls around we want to have a dog to protect our home when my husband can't. A little bird or some fish aren't going to keep an intruder away from my children and i. Plus we love dogs and for us it just feels weird not to have one when we've always had dogs around us.
Land is very expensive here,not very many trailer parks, some have very high lot rental fees, most the mobile home parks are in the suburbs, you may want to check areas like Santee, Lakeside and El Cajon or get in touch with one of the agents that could be of help in this industry. Normally the SELLERS pay for the services of a REALTOR this is true whether it is a home, condo or manufactured home.

If you are military, I would try and get into military housing first. If not I would start reading up a bit about San Diego and its neighborhoods. The transit system is good here, your husband can take the trolley to the base from many areas in the city. Home/town house rents are lower in most the suburban areas, also in the south bay.

You reffered to having young children, I would try and find a neighborhood that you, your kids and husband would enjoy and feel safe in.

Good link for rents:
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/15/what-rents-are-ac…

Also do an internet for Mobile Homes in San Diego, you will find Realtors that can help you.

I hope you and your family enjoy living here as much as I do. John
You can buy a manufactured home in a rental park and own it but pay a monthly rent/lease. Or you can purchase in a resident owned community where you also own the land instead of having to rent it. These types of communities are a little harder to find in the area you're looking to live in so you may be looking at purchasing and owning the home in a rental manufactured home community.
I'd like something within a reasonable distance of the 32nd street base, San Diego Naval Base, where my husband is stationed. We'd like to actually own the trailer instead of leasing it, so resident owned community. We're willing to move anywhere around san diego as long as my husband can get to and from work in a reasonable amount of time. He doesnt want to go to south but i dont really mind as long as it's a good safe place for my family.
Once again, you need to let us know some basics i.e. do you want to live in North, East, Mid, Coastal, South Bay? Do you want a rent/lease or resident owned community. There are many very fine family park/communities to choose from. I will not charge you anything as long as we keep it on this forum, by email or phone call.

If and when the time comes you want to see some homes I would love to represent you. Yes, you would have to pay a commission but that is not something you would have to pay in advance or out of your pocket. It would come out of the deal at closing.

If you don't want or can't afford to pay someone to help you find a suitable home then I would recommend that you look at homes on Craigslist or in the newspapers for "For Sale By Owner" listings. Good Luck.
My biggest issue is how low of a price we have and how little our girls are. i'm nervous about getting a realtor because i've heard that they are expensive, and i dont have thousands of dollars to pay someone to find me a trailer.
It depends on where in San Diego you want to live and whether or not you want a rent/lease community or a resident owned. Please feel free to contact us anytime. We've been in the Manufactured home Industry for almost 30 years in San Diego County and would be happy to answer any questions at no charge or obligations.

We're a manufactured home dealer, real estate broker, general and manufactured home contractor and can help you through the entire process anywhere in San Diego County. Please feel free to log on to any of our very user friendly websites:

http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com
http://www.mh-processors.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com

Or you can call me on my cell anytime at 760 815-6977 or email me at onthelevel@cox.net