Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

brberrym, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Are there any rural areas to San Diego with houses and an acre of land for sale or rent?

Asked by brberrym, San Diego, CA Tue Jun 18, 2013

Answers

10
David Rudd’s answer
To best answer your question, it would help to know where you are coming from?

The 'rural' areas in San Diego County are vastly different from one another. If you are looking for the land, reputable schools, community oriented, many of my clients like the Ramona and Fallbrook area.

If you want to be on your own 'island', you may want to look more in the south east county.

Ultimately, I would start by assessing what characteristics you want in a 'rural' community.

Hope this helps!

David Rudd
Kindred Real Estate
The question is what do you define as 'rural'?

That said, we have a number of rural areas....East County is the first place that comes to Mind....the hills of El Cajon, Lakeside, Alpine...Jacumba & Campo are about an hour out of town...

Up north, you can find rural areas in Escondido and Vista...

If you would like help buying, please get in touch with me!

Your question is pretty broad. There are acreage available in San Diego county with home to buy but to help you answer your question, you need to be more specific.
Manju Gupta
858-947-8490
There are 4 for sale in what are considered extremely outlying areas:

1 in Boulevard which needs a lot of work, 3 BR & 3BA on 10 acres
1 in Campo which needs work as well, it is a 3BR 2 BA on half an acre
2 in Jacumba
First is 3 BR 1 BA on a 5000 sf lot
Second is 3 BR 2 BA on a 7800 sf lot

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Hello brberrym--

Unfortunately it is very unlikely that you'll find your dream home for $130,000 in San Diego County. One-acre properties with 3 or more bedrooms start at around $300,000. I'm sorry!

There is currently nothing listed for sale in outlying areas.

6 have sold in the past 6 months, however, the majority are 3 BR 1 BA. There was 1 in Fallbrook, 3 in Julian and 2 in Ramona and ranged in sold prices from $100,000 to $134,000.

So you would most likely have to adjust your requirement for Bedrooms and Baths.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506

Yes, there are many properties that fit these parameters. However, it is important to understand their are acre plus parcels in areas the feel rural and have good access to local amenities like shopping, airports, sporting events, etc.

It all depends on your needs and price point. Poway and Olivenhain both have the rural feel without being far away from lots of shopping choices. Areas like Ramona, Fallbrook and Julian are rural communities.

Let us know if we can help,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Hello, I'm Wendy fro Alberta in Canada. I'm looking into possibly relocating with my husband and we'd like to keep our rural lifestyle but need to be not too far from a large city for business. Right now we're amazingly located 10 minutes from the city limits of Calgary and we're on 160 acres. We'd like to find an acreage that could be substantially smaller but is surrounded by agricultural or undeveloped (not zoned for any future development) land. Is this possible outside of San Diego without driving more than 1/2 hour or so to town? We are two adults only and though we'd like a sturdy home, fancy is not our priority. As long as things are in decent condition we don't care about dated interior finishing etc. The outdoors is more our priority in terms of space and privacy. Please let me know if we are dreaming with these guidelines or if there may be some possibilities. We are very tired of the stress of our winters, otherwise we'd be staying put. bestband77@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014
I am thinking about moving from Mississippi to San Diego but want to live in a rural area. It is possible 2 of my daughters and a 3yr old grandson would be living with me for a while. I would like a yard big enough for a garden with a tree for a tire swing; and 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. I need for it to be located close to a bus line.
Would it be possible to find this dream for 130,000 or less or to find it to rent?
Thank you for your assistance.
I have quite a few of them, feel free to email me BrandonLong@regionalrealty.org and reference this post:)
Yes I would need more information on your needs like price range,number of bedrooms and any other detail that are important to you to execute a search of active properties. Please feel free to call or email me.
Thank You,
Fiel Barrow
Fielbarrow@gmail.com
619-253-4607