Abena Palmore, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

Are there any representatives from New York City that can help me?

Asked by Abena Palmore, Bronx, NY Mon Jul 7, 2008

I am interested in seeing some houses that were listed on this site. what is the best way to do that? Do I just show up the address....? Please help!

Answers

7
Abena, the only person that you can hire that works for you is a buyer's agent. Calling the person on the sign, or showing up at the address without an appointment may end up being a problem. There is a disclosure agreement in NY that ALL agents are required to have you sign indicating WHO they work for- unless it's a buyers agent, you'll be working with someone that has promised to get the seller the "BEST POSSIBLE PRICE". Not good for you. Don't view any properties without having the NY disclosure form checked under the buyer agency box if you plan on using a real estate agent. Obviously, if you locate a FSBO, the above advice is moot if there are no agents involved. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://optionsrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 13, 2008
Remember, you are 100% responsible for looking for your house and getting the right kind of house and mortgage for yourself. I went to 3 agents before I got my house. 1 was a friend who showed us 3 houses and is now no longer on speaking terms with us. Another was from xxxx Real Estate and he only showed me his deceased mother's house. Another showed me one house and never got back to us. Don't get me started on my "lawyer" who didn't show up at the closing. None of them indicated to me that I might not want to offer the asking price for the properties they showed us. What kind of idiot did they take me for? Trust no one. Speak to lots of real estate agents and mortgage brokers. Do not be pressured. Do not get anything but a fixed rate mortgage.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 10, 2008
If you don't mind calling me, I can ask a few questions and give you a referral. I exchange business with several agents in NY on a fairly regular basis, so depending on your needs, I'd be glad to refer someone.

703-669-3142
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 7, 2008
Abena,
Have you been Pre- Approved for a mortgage yet? My name is Chris Miceli and I work for PNC Mortgage. I would be more then happy to qualify your for a mortgage and answer all of your questions. Please call me when you get a chance. Thanks!!

Chris Miceli
NMLS#22399
Phone: (646)-623-2492
Email: Christopher.Miceli@PNCmortgage.com
Hello Sir/Madam,

If an agent is not listed with that property, you can select an agent to assist you with your search. Just showing up at the address may not be the best way to handle obtaining information, because some properties do not have signs infront of them, as we use to do. :-) Some properties have tenants in them which are not cooperative, other showings needs appointments.

Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.
If looking in Westchester or the Bronx, I may be able to help you. e-mail me at PaulMVP@aol.com. Good Luck
contact me and i will help answer your questions. Im a licensed sales person from Queens.

DanielleBrodnax@hotmail.com