Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Billi S Hunt…, Renter in Queens Village, NY

Are there any real estate agents who can help me find affordable residence in the Center City,East or West Mount Airy sections of Philadelphia?

Asked by Billi S Hunter, Queens Village, NY Sat Apr 13, 2013

Due to the housing crisis, and after waiting for a turn around for quite some time, I finally sold my home via a short sale in December of 2012. This caused an unfortunate drop in what was a decent credit score. My bills are current and a credit report will show that I am responsible. I saw a similar comment posted on this site and while some of the responses were willing to provide avenues of assistance others were condescending implicating that people who found themselves in my situation were irresponsible and lacked ethics. However I have decided that an inquiry that brought just one constructive reply would be quite helpful, I thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.I am a retired however vibrant,active and healthy senior citizen who would not mind being in a senior apartment building and do not need assisted living care,

Answers

5
Hi Bill,

First let us congratulate you on the sale of your home. Bill, please disregard those condescending comments. There are some real estate and mortgage professionals who have never or at least act like they have never represented any client with less than perfect credit. We just settled on a transaction with an agent who seem to be appalled at our clients 600 credit scores.

Bill, we live and work in Mt. Airy and as you'll see at http://www.kevinanddarlene.com, we represent buyers and sellers in Philadelphia, Delaware and Montgomery counties. We would love to help you to accopmplish your goals. Please feel free to contact us at 215-439-5625.

Sincerely and best regards,

The Jamison Team
Kevin and Darlene Jamison
Remax Specialists
215-439-5625
thejamisonteam@kevinanddarlene.com
http://www.KevinandDarlene.com
Hi Billi,

Center City is my area of expertise. I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and potentially assist you in your search for a new home in Philadelphia. Please feel free to reach out.

Ryan C. Garrity
U S Spaces, Inc.
2043 Locust St., 1F
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-829-8850 x208
215-514-9424 (cell)
ryan@usspaces.com
Hello Billi,

My name is Danielle and I am with Remax Affiliates. I would love to help find your next home, I would like to advise you however that it most likely will be a rental and not a purchase. Reason being that my lender informed me that it usually takes at least three years after a short sale to qualify you again.
I can compile a list of properties to send you by email if you'd like, you can select which ones you would like to see, and then we can set up a day to view a few of them! Please contact me to discuss this further and get started! Good luck!

Danielle R Gurst
Remax Affiliates
267-423-2623
dgurst@comcast.net
http://www.DaniSellsHomes.com
Thank you so much for responding to my inquiry that I posted on Trulia last week. I want to be clear that buying is not an option that I want to participate in. I feel that at the age of sixty-five the obligations of ongoing repairs and maintenance are not responsibilities that I want to undertake at this point in my life. For this reason renting is the best choice for me, Will you still be able to assist me in finding residence in Mount Airy, Chestnut Hill or Center City? Judging from your profile it seems as if most of your concentration focuses on the sales of somewhat exclusive properties.

Sincerely

Billi S Hunter
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013

Sincerely

Billi S Hunter
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013
Bill,
I am sorry to hear about the situation with your previous home, but hopefully brighter times are ahead.
If you want to let me know a good time for us to talk, we can review your search and start exploring potential options.
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully having the opportunity to assist with your search.
Jennifer
Jennphilarealtor@gmail.com
484-995-2155 cell
Thank you so much for responding to my inquiry that I posted on Trulia last week. I want to be clear that buying is not an option that I want to participate in. I feel that at the age of sixty-five the obligations of ongoing repairs and maintenance are not responsibilities that I want to undertake at this point in my life. For this reason renting is the best choice for me, Will you still be able to assist me in finding residence in Mount Airy, Chestnut Hill or Center City? Judging from your profile it seems as if most of your concentration focuses on.

Sincerely

Billi S Hunter
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hi Billi,

Please email me at dschwartzman@cbpref.com so we could talk more in detail. I want to see how I can help you find your next home. I assume that you are looking to buy rather than rent. In order to get a loan from a lender you would have to talk to a mortgage adviser, and I can certainly refer you to some good ones. After and if you get approved we can then start the process of looking for a home for you.
Please email me at the above address so we can get started.

Have a great day!

Daniel