Home Buying in Happy Valley>Question Details

Davidjritchie, Home Buyer in Chula Vista, CA

Are there any ranch style homes with a view in Happy Valley?

Asked by Davidjritchie, Chula Vista, CA Sat Nov 30, 2013

Answers

6
Yes. There are several ranch style homes with a beautiful view in Happy Valley. In order to have a view in Happy Valley, you need to be up on the hill overlooking the valley. Verlie Street is one of the streets up on the hill in Happy Valley.
Hello David,

I haven't heard back from you lately. I wanted to let you know I am working with another couple that is looking for a one level in Happy Valley. We have found many new construction options price around $450k and alot of resales that should be ready to sell soon. I have a booth at Sunnyside Farmers Market in Happy Valley ad have run into a number of sellers that have oe level homes that are thinking about selling,

Let me know if you are still considering that option.

Hope to hear from you soon

Amber Deuchar
503-349-6204
AmberSellsPDX@kw.com

ps- My sister still works in San Diego as a Realtor, not sure if you needed to sell to buy...
Hi David from Chula Vista,

I lived in Otay Lakes for a spell when I was living down in the San Diego Area.

From one Californian to another, at $450k a one level with a view of downtown isn't going to happen, BUT we could find you something like a main living area with a daylight basement?

I just sold one from $440k at 7904 SE 140th Portland, OR 97236. It is in the city of Portland, but literally 2 football fields away from Clatsop (the dividing line between Happy Valley annd Portland). Check out the address online, you can search here on trulia to see pics. It has a view of Mt St Helens and Downtown. The majority of the home is on the upper level, but a bonus/bedroom is below.

The reason why one levels are so rare in Happy Valley is because there are so many hills and builders have to build up the foundation to make the home level, essentially creating a basement which most commonly is used as a media room and extra bedroom.

Do you have children? When are you considering moving? I've helped quite a few Cali transplants. Let me know when you arre headed to the area. We can set up a day to view properties and check out the area.
My wife and I are considering moving to Portland when I retire in the next couple of years and looking at the Happy Valley area. I expect to be there sometime early next year to familiarize my self with the area. Budget is up to $450,000, newish single level with a view of Portland preferred.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Hi David,

I'm surprised nobody mentioned portlandareahomesales.com I Found 12+ homes currently on the market that match what you are looking for. Once there click the "more options" then you can freely search the Oregon MLS and search for properties with a view and select a year built in Happy Valley.

As far as familiarizing yourself with the area, portlandmaps.com is another pretty nice public tool.

Congratulations on retiring soon !
Flag Mon Dec 16, 2013
There is a limited number of ranch style homes in Happy Vally with a view. Ranch style homes are not the most predominant construction in Happy Valley. A little more than half a dozen homes are currently listed meeting that criteria in the local MLS, but only 2 or 3 have what most people are thinking when reading the question (Mountain, River, Valley, Horizon, Cityscape, etc). Many just have views of a community green space or large yard. Pending and Sold listings(last 3 months) have similar numbers. So I would expect supply to continue to be limited. What exactly are you looking for in a view? Brian Talent, Broker Amerivest Realty of Portland
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
Sure what is your price range and do you want newer less than 15 year old or 15-30 years old. Do you want to see Mt Hood or the sunset to the west or Mt St Helens to the north? Then I can search for you. Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX