Home Buying in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Rachel, Home Buyer in Grand Rapids, MI

Are there any primarily hispanic neighborhoods in the Grand Rapids area?

Asked by Rachel, Grand Rapids, MI Fri Sep 6, 2013

Answers

3
Hello Rachel. That was an interesting question, and if you're seeking an all Hispanic neighborhood, I don't think you'll find one in Grand Rapids. Though the SW. side of Grand Rapids is mostly Hispanic, there's multiple races in the same area. I'm black, living on the SE. side of GR, and there's Mexican families living all around me, whom appear pretty comfortable. I honestly feel that the question of "safety" is more important than race.
Thanks for the info. I'm looking to immerse myself in the Spanish language and Hispanic culture. Safety isn't so much a concern to me. I'll have to check out the SE side a bit more.
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
go visit zipskinny.com to find out.