Jsvalente, Home Buyer in Statesville, NC

Are there any new home builders taking house trade-ins in the Mooresville to Cornelius, NC market?

Asked by Jsvalente, Statesville, NC Thu Jun 17, 2010

I have a home in the Statesville, NC 28625 market that was built in 2003 and is valued at $175,000. I would like to move up to a new home in the $220,000 price range.

Answers

3
Great location right outside of Mooresville with 2 acres to enjoy, rest, or play. The recent addition brings all the updates and space you want, while keeping its character and charm. The deck is large and ready for summer. Home is eligible for 100% financing. Check it out!
MLS/ID: 2082086
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Good evening, JS.
MI Homes has a program to help you sell you current home, but I am not aware of any builders who take another home as a trade-in. Existing homes are generally handled as contingencies in new home contracts. You disclose that you have a home to sell and the builder gives you some time to sell it. If you need to sell and are still in the market, please contact me.
If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
I’ve been in the business over 13 years and have never heard of anyone doing that. The problem is they would have to turn around & sell the home, so there’s no way to be profitable unless you accept well below market value for your home. However, if you select a good agent who is knowledgeable and can properly market your home at the current market value you should be able to sell. These days, that means your home needs to be properly priced, staged and professionally photographed as most people start their search online, so that first impression is key. She doesn’t service Statesville, but my wife is a Realtor and had 5 listings receive offers in less than 30 days last year, so it’s not terribly difficult to sell if you are priced, staged and photographed properly. The good news is that inventory is lower than it’s been in years, so there’s lots of opportunity now.

Regarding the new home you are looking for, I'm the sales rep for Byers Creek in Mooresville, a Standard Pacific Homes community that was recently opened in the area you are looking to buy. I'd be happy to show you what we have in your price range and further discuss solutions for your home you need to sell. Regarding our company, we are consistently among the top 15 builders in the nation for volume and consistently rated tops for customer service. In fact, we are the only builder to ever win the most prestigious customer satisfaction survey in the business (copyrighted name, so I can't say, but you've heard of them) for the Charlotte market 3 times (2006, 2009 & 2010). We have several floorplans that would fit into your price range, so I'll include the link to my community should you decide you want to check it out; thanks & good luck!